- safeinsightAsked on August 31, 2017 at 04:51 PM
I cloned the following form: Certificate Request CA
I made updates to it and saved it. After using it a few times, I opened it one day and it had changed its layout and margins.
I tried to adjust the layout, but none of the fields translated correctly. I ended up cloning the original form AGAIN and making all of the changes. I used it for a few days and opened it today, and it has changed its properties AGAIN.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 05:38 PM
You should be able to revert your form back to any recently saved state using your forms revision history:
If there is a theme applied to the original form, all of the formatting may not carry over to the clone. Try applying the same theme to the clone as well.
- safeinsightAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 05:44 PMPlease carefully read the problem. The form was working fine. Nothing was physically changed. The appearance just changed. See the example of the original form for comparison.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 06:03 PM
I believe I have understood the problem correctly. If the form updated for any reason and now looks differently, unfortunately, the changes have been saved.
I checked through the differences between the two forms and it looks like the form width reverted to several defaults. The width to 690 instead of 1390:
The page color from black to the grey default:
With those two changes the form was nearly back to its original state, however there appears to be more defaults that were applied.
Check your forms revision history to see if there is a save point before the defaults were applied:
I am not certain what caused them to do so, but you should be able to undo it by reverting the form back.
- safeinsightAnswered on September 11, 2017 at 01:43 PMI had followed your advice and things were fine. This morning it reverted to defaults AGAIN! This time it will not allow me to change back to a previous version.
Prepare - Plan - Protect
877-217-SAFE / 877-217-7233
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 11, 2017 at 02:07 PM
I checked your form history and I am also unable to revert the form to a previously saved that that has the correct formatting. I will forward this to our developers to have a look. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates.