- Carly flightAsked on August 30, 2012 at 04:15 AMIf I was to use the pro account for my business. Would I still have to use this forum if I have a problem with a form. For 48 hrs I have been haveing problems with my forms and have no work around as yet. As the website has just been launched I'm haveing to do some serious damage controll for the business. If this was to happen again in the future when we are fully under way the company could loose clients And thousands of pounds a day. Should I instead get the web team to build our own forms?Page URL:
- fxrAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 05:51 AM
Our average response on support queries is usually below 30mins and paying subscribers are always priortised. We get the vast majority of issues sorted out very quickly.
Support queries are best done via this forum, yes.
I dont see any of your other issues? Did you manage to get them sorted out? Were you happy with the level of support you recieved? (even as a non-subsciber atm)
- CarlyFlightAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 06:35 AM
Hi Sadly no luck with the response page problem, its still points to the old test server so when a client submits a question the response is an error page.
Lawsolved was going to use the pro service once the site was hosted on its new server.
We moved to the new server and changed the responce page address to http://www.lawsolved.co.uk/responce.php
But the form will not update this link and points to the old server thats closed.
As things stand now the site is live and with this error we shall have to close the website to find a solution or just build our own forms.
By the way our domain names came with the jotform service when we purchased them but the provider only let you use a template. which was not fit for our needs.
so we had the site built and moved the domain.
so in a way we have already paid for the .co.uk and .com for jotform.
If the form works we go pro. if not we remove it and pay a dev to build our own forms. We was hoping to celebrate the launch of our site not pull our hair out trying to update a link.
- gori-mathewAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 06:53 AM
Sorry for the inconveniences this issue has caused to you especially now that you were almost launching of your site.
We are aware of this issue caused by a replication delay on our EU servers and has affected updating of the forms.A ticket has been raised too on this problem and currently being worked on.
We will keep you updated once our developers fix it. Sorry for the the time and frustrations that this issue has caused.
- CarlyFlightAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 07:22 AM
I think it would be best if i take down the website till this issue is fixed as im in danger of loosing clients. I.E solicitors who use this service.
I shall look forward to a fix and hold the bubbly on ice till then ;)
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Response page Issue has been fixed. It is now redirecting to http://www.lawsolved.co.uk/responce.php after pressing submit. Please refer to this thread.
Let us know if you are still having the issue.