- JinkfennAsked on September 16, 2017 at 06:02 PM
I'm receiving the following message on my survey: Could not access microphone: TrackStartError:
This usually happens on the second or third page of recordings, it doesn't happen for all of them.
Can you help fix this error?
This is the survey link:
The name is Perceptions and Experiences in Duets 1
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 16, 2017 at 07:41 PM
You probably need to check your microphone settings to fix this. The widget is working to my end without any issue, although there are other errors in the console which I think related to the SoundCloud widget.
Here's a screenshot of my test, and the inline microphone selection:
Can you access the same option? Please check and let us know.
- JinkfennAnswered on September 16, 2017 at 11:43 PMThe microphone is fine, because as I already mentioned it records several
of the clips and then stops working on ~the 15th or 16th one. Can you do a
more comprehensive look at whats happening, next time, please. Thank you.
- JinkfennAnswered on September 16, 2017 at 11:43 PMHere's a screenshot of when it stops recording. You can see the clip above
recorded and the one below shows the error. Then the remaining clips show
an error as well.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 17, 2017 at 02:19 AM
Sorry but our forum does not accept attachments from email. Can you please upload the image in your thread here? https://www.jotform.com/answers/1249667.
Use the image tool.
Also, am I right that you are on Mac using Safari browser?
We'll look forward to your reply so we can check it here.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 17, 2017 at 02:46 AM
Nevermind, I was able to reproduce the problem even on the cloned version of your form.
I'm not quite certain but this could be due to the limitations of the browser not able to handle multiple mediasteam or some sort.
Anyway, I am still escalating this issue to our widget developers so they can further investigate and hopefully provide their feedback on this issue.
- JinkfennAnswered on September 20, 2017 at 01:43 PMAny updates here?! Thanks.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 20, 2017 at 02:03 PM
I'm sorry but we don't have any updates at this time. We have a developer assigned and the issue is worked on.
We will inform you once the issue is resolved.
Thank you for your patience.
- JinkfennAnswered on September 20, 2017 at 03:43 PMI build another form with just audio recordings in it, and they actually stopped working at the same exact spot as my other forms.
Is there a capacity issue, meaning theres only enough room for a certain space of recordings per form, or capacity on the widget?
We are in a major time crunch for getting these forms out and having already had to make major modifications, because other widgets on your form didnt work properly either. Can you help me understand what the time line to resolve this issue will be or if theres someway to advance it?
Here the new test link.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 20, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Thanks for your reply.
We actually did the same thing during our investigation on the issue.
The problem usually occurs on the 17th widget and below it.
Unfortunately, there's still no update about this from our devs and we also do not provide any timeline for bug reports. Rest assured, our devs will inform you right after this is checked.
You may want to consider using an upload field for now so your customers will be able to upload their audio files manually.
- JinkfennAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 02:43 AMHi all,
After multiple tasks, it looks like the max # of widgets you can include in one form before the bug happens is 15 clips.
Any updates on the progress of fixing this capacity issues? Thanks
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 03:06 AM
Thank you for sharing that information, I will put it in the note of this ticket for the developer assigned to take a look.
We'll inform you further through this thread.