- rpmnationalAsked on September 25, 2017 at 05:49 PM
I stopped receiving a submissions on one of my forms and then checked to see if my email was on the bounce list.
It was, so I removed it from the bounce list.
1. How is an email placed in the bounce list?
2. Is there a way to automatically have your email(s) be checked on the bounce list and removed?
It is not very good to find out your email was put in the bounce list by not receiving notifications from that form anymore.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 25, 2017 at 07:51 PM
1. There are a few reasons and that's explained here http://www.jotform.com/help/262-How-to-remove-your-email-address-from-bounce-list.
There are several reasons why your email address may be added to bounce list. It could be due to a non-existent/inactive email address, your email server being unavailable, your email server has rejected the emails due to suspected spam, your mailbox is full or JotForm is on your blacklist. JotForm will stop sending emails when your email address is on the bounce list. Please note that high bounce rates will put our sending method at risk so we have to process the bounce messages without exceptions.
2. Unfortunately, this is not how the email works due to different bounce list reasons. Ex. if we are on your blacklist, removing the email address from the bounce list will not resolve the issue unless our email server's IP or domain are taken out from the blacklist first. Since the problem is on the receiving side, it has to be fixed manually to prevent the email from going into the bounce list again.