- medwardsAsked on January 27, 2011 at 08:33 AM
I am happy to see the "Create a PDF" is now working, however the e-mail fields and drop-downs are not functioning on the PDF. Why?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 28, 2011 at 06:34 AM
You should probably clone the form and then change those fields to text fields, and then get the PDF version.
- medwardsAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM
So the drop downs, radio and checkbox buttons, date fields, ect. will not convert, only text fields? Are you working on a solution for those fields to be available?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 01, 2011 at 06:00 AM
They were working previously. I noted this in our bug reports. Thanks.
- jeremyvAnswered on May 01, 2011 at 08:25 PM
Is there any update on this bug? As of May 1, 2011, PDF converted forms don't save checkbox status. I used Mac OSX preview app to edit the PDF form.
- allanftdAnswered on May 01, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Thanks for following this up. Currently, this item is still a work in progress. We'll let you know as soon as this feature is improved through this forum thread or through our official Twitter account.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for using JotForm!
- dleflangAnswered on June 23, 2011 at 01:49 PM
I am also having issues creating a pdf that is fully functioning: some fields are able to fill in, and some are not.
Some of the text fields do not convert either. Also, the text fields are giving a font that is too large for the user to see when the field is filled in.
Is this functionality working and I am doing soemthing wrong?
- allanftdAnswered on June 23, 2011 at 01:57 PM
Thanks for pointing them out. These are actually known issues which are still being perfected by our system. It is included in our to-do list but we regret that we cannot provide an ETA for now. Our apologies for any inconvenience.