- mariebradshawAsked on September 05, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Under My Forms, one of my forms shows that it has 76 submissions but when I click view submissions it only shows there are 50. Now when I go back to My Forms, it says I still have 25 submissions that are unopened. Where are they? Any ideas why this is happening? These submissions are fairly important so I'll need to see all of them.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 02:21 PM
I have looked at your form and the submissions don't seem to appear. I did see that you are set to receive a notification by e-mail when a submissionis made. Have you received 25 new e-mails? Please let us know so that we may continue to work on this as I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my end. Thanks for your cooperation!
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 02:58 PM
Yes I have. Also, the total number of submissions just went down from 76 to 69. Is there a reason for this?
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:00 PM
Oh and the submissions I can actually see went up to 51 when I got a new submission and now it's down to 49. I have not deleted any of them. I'm pretty dependent on this data and can't be losing any submissions.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:01 PM
One more thing I noticed, my total number of submissions I've received this month went down from 53 to 45.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:05 PM
I have also only received 42 submissions in my email inbox but there are 49 submissions visible on Jotform.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:21 PM
There was a problem that our developers have now fixed and the submission count is now working correctly! We have now reset your submission count and please inform us if you have any other issues. Our apologies for the inconvenience!
- LaVelleAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:33 PM
So does that mean that we had forms that we have missed? Or does it mean that the counter was showing submissions that did not exist?
Please understand, the concern is with any potential missing data- not whether the counter is working or not.
- LaVelleAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 03:42 PM
The problem continues with my forms currently. I don't think it is fixed.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 04:16 PM
I am still having the same problem. The issue is not fixed.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Now my monthly submission total is at 0. I know I've had at least 25 so far this month, probably more.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 04:42 PM
The problem is on the counter not the submissions. It was a new release that was launched today and it had a bug that our developers report as resolved. The counters of the users that were affected have been reset.
Please do let us now of any issues that you experience.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 07:04 PM
Yes, I am still experiencing the same issue so it is not resolved yet. Are they still working on this or do they believe they have fixed it...because it still is wrong.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 08:20 PM
It should be working fine by now when you start receiving actual submissions. There was a problem with our submissions counter but you can mark all your submissions as "read" to avoid confusion with the number of new submissions received.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused.
- mariebradshawAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 10:16 AM
It is fixed now. The problem was, I couldn't mark them as read because they wouldn't show up...because they didn't exist. Things seem to be working fine now. There's no confusion, it just wasn't working, now it is. Thanks.