- purepixelphotosAsked on October 11, 2017 at 11:15 AM
I just realized that I can still book a date and time that a client has already booked... how can I disable that? I don't want people to be able to double book. Help!
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM
You can try using the Booking app:
- purepixelphotosAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 01:30 PM
I did that and added my dates and times but I am still able to book a duplicate date/time through the bookings form... what am I doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 03:49 PM
Maybe a gift registry widget would help you: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/gift_registry since you can define how many slots are available:
So if one of the customers submit the form and take one slot, it will be unavailable for the next user:
Could that work for you?
Here is my test form: https://form.jotform.com/72836447351966
Please let us know.
- purepixelphotosAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 06:23 PM
Thanks Nik_c... I looked into it but I have 52 time slots and I don't think that will work. We're getting closer though!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 11:20 PM
May you please try with the Date Reservation widget: https://widgets.jotform.com/app/date_reservation
This will disable a date as soon as it's selected, but the only way to clear the selection is by deleting the submission.
I hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 09:30 AM
Unfortunately we have mentioned all the possibilities for booking on a date with a time. I'm sorry that they all fail your requirements.
I think the booking app would have been perfect for booking a date with a time. And I can see that its currently not working. So let me escalate the issue to Level 2 support. And see if its possible for them to repair it.
There is definitely a demand for a booking feature that allows you to create slots that block availability once taken. The date reservation widget only allows one slot on each day. Which is not what many people need.
- purepixelphotosAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 09:35 AM
I really appreciate all the support and efforts! This is my first time using Jotform and it's really wonderful so far, except for the mia time blocking feature. Thanks again!
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Youre very welcome. Great that you like JotForm. If you need any help with your forms, please feel free to ask us. We would be happy to assist you.
The developers have been assigned this ticket. And the priority has been set to "Important". You will be notified of any progress on this issue on this thread.