- TXEdAsked on November 01, 2017 at 11:58 AM
When looking at the revision history for form id 71423775357159 (https://form.jotform.com/TXEd/region14_mathacademystipend), It shows an edit on 00:55 pm, but does not show who edited it, and the type of the edit is very minimal (edited widget from:to).
Can you help me understand what time zone this is and who made the edit please?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 01, 2017 at 01:12 PM
Thanks for reporting. I can see that the from and to is indeed very confusing. It does not have enough details. I will forward this to our developers as a bug.
For now, you may want to check the other revision history which can be opened within the editor. Here's how:
Under the form title, click the return icon.
With regards to your request about showing more details in the revision history, I can forward it as a feature request to a separate thread. Just to confirm, you want to know if it's the sub-user or the main user who made the changes? Or simply show the username who made the edits? Any other specific details you want to add?
Regarding on the timezone, it is always based on your profile timezone.
- TXEdAnswered on November 01, 2017 at 01:26 PMThanks. Knowing the sub-account would be more useful. Actually, there is also "Activity Log" under user settings/history that shows detailed log, but it only shows for the logged in user. Having that report for "all" users might be a good enhancement.
I set the timezone, thanks. The activity log from the editor screen still shows an incorrect day (in your case August 1, 2017 in my case July 31, 2017 and in activity log, which is correct, November 1, 2017)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 01, 2017 at 02:05 PM
Alright, I'll add that as a feature request here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1287959.
The activity log is indeed a good alternative.
I'm not sure but I think updating the timezone won't affect the previous logs. Try making a small change in your form in the form builder, it should reflect the updated time zone.
So far it is working just fine as usual.
- TXEdAnswered on November 01, 2017 at 02:27 PM
Thanks. I was talking about this date:
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 01, 2017 at 03:37 PM
I guess that the difference in your view and Elton's is because of the current time zone, for example for me it was like this:
So, the same date with a +7h difference, it is tied to the current time zone of the viewer.
I couldn't replicate the Activity log and 1st November time stamp though.
- JotForm DeveloperasilAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 08:59 AM
I have added new string for changed texts in fields. It should be working as expected.