- 2ezyAsked on September 12, 2012 at 03:31 AM
In my form there are some hidden parts. In these hidden parts there are some date fields used from the drop down menu. When filling out the form sometimes these hidden parts stay hidden but when I look at my submissions this date box is showing with a couple of dashes beside it. Is there a way to fix this so only the fields that have been answered show.
Here is a link to the form http://form.jotform.co/form/22539025958865
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 12, 2012 at 04:33 AM
Currently, there's no way to prevent the box selector and dashes (also the field label) of unfilled date fields from being displayed in the form's submission records. However, I will submit a ticket requesting such functionality.
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 04:55 AM
Issue is resolved. Empty date fields will be no more shown if "Auto Hide Empty Fields" is checked in the submissions view. Hope it helps. Best regards.
- 2ezyAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 06:15 PM
It is still showing even though I have the box checked. Form is here http://form.jotform.co/form/22627499118866
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 06:34 PM
Indeed, the problem still occurs. With that said, I have re-opened the ticket to notify ozan about this problem.
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on September 20, 2012 at 04:51 AM
my fault, I've fixed that, can you check it again?
sorry for the inconvenience
- 2ezyAnswered on September 20, 2012 at 05:27 AM
Yes it is fixed in the submissions page but what happens now is when I fill in a date field in the form it no longer comes through on the email. It has the name of the date field but no entry against it when one has been entered into the form.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
It seems to be working fine. Can you please check your notification template if the date field variables are there? If not, please add it by clicking in the form fields tool bar. Check this screen:
Let us know if this doesn't help. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM
In addition to idarktech's response, I found out that the other variables on your template are already different. This may have been due to that you have modified your field element on your form.
Notice that the updated variables are the ones underlined.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Please remove that form inmediately , otherwise your account will be suspended.
To avoid suspension, please look at our paymet gateways as an option for processing or collecting payment information. You could use either Paypal Pro or Authorize.net. That will add credibility to your site as well as security to your costumers.