Google Drive spreadsheet not updated

  • Profile Image
    raidlife
    Asked on September 12, 2012 at 05:38 PM

    Hi, I am using jotform and I am quite happy with it but I use Google Drive integration and the spreadsheet created is not updated with news submissions. I have entries on my spreadsheet but these are the entries that already existed when the integration was created. News entries are not updated to the spreadsheet. How can I fix this ?

     

    Thank you for your answer

    Best regards

  • Profile Image
    fxr
    Answered on September 12, 2012 at 06:42 PM

    Hi, 

    I have tested the Google Docs integration and it is working fine, i.e new submissions being added.

    Can you tell us the URL that you are using for the form that you are using to populate the google doc spreadsheet?

    Thanks

  • Profile Image
    raidlife
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 02:00 AM

    Thank you for your answer. Here is the URL of the form : http://inscriptions.rvo.raid-life.com/form/22416698396366

     

    Does the google doc spreadsheet needs to be public shared ? (it's in private mode at the moment).

  • Profile Image
    liyam
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 03:53 AM

    Hello raidlife.  It's not necessary to set the spreadsheet to public since the form submission is authenticated to your Google account.

    Have you tried removing the integragration and re-authenticating your form to your Google account?

  • Profile Image
    raidlife
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 06:42 AM

    I have tried several time to remove the integration and re-anthenticate but I still have the same problem. I can try again... I have tried with another form, with the default spreadshhet name, but no way, the google spreadsheet won't update...

  • Profile Image
    fxr
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

    Are you able to try it from a form URL that doesnt use your domain?

    Any tests I have done here see's no problem with the google docs integration at all.  

  • Profile Image
    liyam
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM

    After doing numerous tests, it seems that the problem lies with the special characters on the form's sub labels.  You'll notice that when you have integrated your form to Google, the 2nd address field turned out to have some gibberish characters

    Retyping the d'adresse sub-label on your form, for it to appear as d'adresse, and not d'adresse as soon as it gets integrated will fix your integration issue.

    Please do let us know of the updates of this issue.

    Thanks.

  • Profile Image
    raidlife
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 03:12 PM

    You guys are great. It's working now. Thanks again for the quick answer and your will to fix issue.

    I have not quite seen the difference betwenn "d'adresse, and not d'adresse ", so I've simply written "adresse" and now it's working fine !

     

    Thanks a lot

  • Profile Image
    liyam
    Answered on September 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

    Sorry, somehow the HTML ASCII code which I was supposed to present to you converted my "&# 39;" as '.  But you understood it after all :)

    Just let us know if you're experiencing issues with your forms.

  • Profile Image
    Alexander
    Answered on September 18, 2012 at 06:57 AM

    There is definitely some issue with Google docs while sharing and collaborating transient data, I have had personally many issues while engaging with my customers. I recently updated shut using Google docs n moved to CollateBox http://www.collatebox.com/ . With this one sharing is very much simplar than Google docs.

     

    Try it/..