- mau108Asked on September 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Trying to have my user modify their form however the link below just shows a blank form.
- mau108Answered on September 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I tested using the auto responder edit link tag and I get a different link but this one I get a 404 error.
- pinoytechAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Please follow the steps on our user guide on How to Make a Clickable Edit Link.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us at anytime.
- mau108Answered on September 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Please note I am somehow on the jotform.ca domain and the first link I originally posted I followed your user guide. The 2nd post's link was from the edit_link tag in your autoresponder setup.
- pinoytechAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Apologize for the inconvenience that may have cuased Angela. I will now submit a ticket to our development team regarding on this issue and they will response you as soon as they fix the problem of the edit link.
We ask you patience while our developer fix the said issue.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 09:22 AM
Here is the correct link:
There is a bug on our code. We will look into this.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 09:55 AM
We have fixed this bug now. The submissions page now shows the correct submission ID when it is too large.
- mau108Answered on September 19, 2012 at 09:33 AM
Another issue, with the Google Docs integration if a user edits their submission it doesn't go and update the google docs with the updated data also it doesn't email the notification to the user that is supposed to get the notification when a user submits form data.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, google spreadsheet integration doesn't support updating of existing data when an edited version is submitted. However, it will create another line of submissions, in other words edit submissions is considered as new submissions.
Also, autoresponders will only work on new submissions not for the edited submissions. This is the reason why they don't get messages containing their updated info (right after submitting the edited data). However, the updated data will always appear everytime they visit the edit links.
Hope this clarifies a bit. Thanks for using JotForm!