- icdesignsAsked on February 03, 2011 at 11:42 AM
I get 2 instances of the email address showing up in the from field in email submissions, as well as the senders email address. Is there a way to prevent this?
I have only added one address. I set sender and recipient to "Full Name" and "Email Address".
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 11:47 AM
You probably did only entered "test" as email address. To turn this into a proper email address, our server added @monk.interlogy.com to the end of the email address.
If you entered proper email address on the form, it would not have added it.
- icdesignsAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 11:52 AM
This is going to be a sad newb question, but where do I enter the email address. I went into email alerts, and put my address there. Is there somewhre else it needs to go?
The site is great and well laid out, I am just learning my way around and trying to rush a form so I am missing easy functions. I appreciate the help.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 08:26 PM
Did you enter your address in the bottom right where it states "Recipient E-mail"?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 04, 2011 at 06:13 AM
I mean when you were making a test submission, you probably did not enter a full email address. You instead entered "test". Since "Send Email Address" cannot be "test", our server changed it to "email@example.com"
You do not need to change anything on your form. Just enter correct email address when you are testing your form.
- icdesignsAnswered on February 04, 2011 at 08:05 AM
Thanks! Got it!