- AmySextonAsked on December 06, 2017 at 10:32 PM
Is there a way to limit number of submissions per week? Thank you.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Limit Submissions in a Form
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 02:37 AM
Well, you can set the form to be disabled on a date, one week from now, for example:
Could that work for you?
Please let us know.
- AmySextonAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Thank you for your answer. Preferably, we would like to have the form automatically expire at a set time each week (such as 11:59 pm on Tuesdays) so that we could limit the number of submissions we receive in a school week. Is there a way to easily do this?
Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 01:06 PM
There is no direct option on the settings page.
But there is a workaround.
1) You can add Date and Time fields to your form:
2) You set both to pick up current values as default ones:
2) You add a Text field and write some message:
And you add form collapse field on top of all fields in your form:
3) Then, you set this condition:
So, if the time is after 23:59, and that means it is Wednesday, the form will be hidden (since the form collapse section is hidden) and the message will be shown.
Here is my test form:
Let us know if that could work for you.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 03:11 PM
Did you reply to this thread? If yes, we couldn't see it here. Please post it directly on your thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1316575 if you need further assistance.
- AmySextonAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 03:17 PM
Hi, yes, I did reply, but it must not have went through. If I understand correctly, the workaround that Nik C describes causes the form to be hidden, but the form does not expire at the end of the week (or date/time specified). Is this correct? I don't think that this workaround would work for us, as we want to be able to limit submissions in any given week. So, we would want the form to automatically expire at a pre-selected date/time (the same time/day each week), so we can set limits for submissions per week. Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Unfortunately, that's not possible. What you can do for now is to define a fixed date and a submissions limit as the form expiration. However, you will have to manually change the expiration date as well as the submissions limit whenever you want to enable the form again after it expired.
- AmySextonAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Thank you, Elton. Do I understand correctly that the form automatically expires and resets itself at the beginning of each month? Also, can you tell me if there are any future plans to enable the user to set automatic expiration dates, such as at the end of each day or end of each week instead of at the first of the month? In other words, might that, in the future, be a setting that the user could specify? I appreciate your help.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 01:17 PM
The expiration date would need to be set again each time after the form expires. There is no way to automatically disable the form on a specific date/time then automatically enable it again at at a later time.
It is possible to set the expiration date manually to a specific date, then enable it again for a new date after it expires.
- AmySextonAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 01:22 PM
Thank you David. Can you verify that the form automatically expires and resets at the beginning of each month?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 01:25 PM
Forms do not expire and reset at the beginning of each month. Account limits reset at the beginning of each month, but there is not reset or expiration on the forms themselves unless set.