- usspwdcAsked on December 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Hello, I have a form where people can register for an event, with multiple days to choose from. Based on what days they choose, registration details for that day will appear. All but the first day have the option to check "Same as above" and we will know to use the same details from the previous day they registered for. This condition is not working properly for me. I get two different undesired results depending on which order the two conditions are listed. If they choose a certain day, then a condition tells the details fields to appear, including the "Same as above" field. When they click the "Same as above", it's supposed to hide the details fields for that day. I realize that my Hide condition is conflicting with the Show condition, but no matter what way I try to resolve this, I can't. Thank you for any help!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 01:58 PM
I was able to see the conflict and this is the workaround that I found:
1. Add a "Section collapse" element for each day, example:
2. Now, since you will have an option that says "same as above" and hides the fields if it's checked or answered as yes, then you need an additional section collapse for these fields.
3. You will need to configure the collapse tools to be opened and the button to be hidden:
4. You need to set up the conditions like this:
The conditions need to be set up like this and the collapse sections are required since this will allow you to handle the fields inside each section with other conditions and you will be avoiding conflicts.
Here is a sample form that will help you to see how it works: https://form.jotform.com/73455005454958
I hope this helps.
- usspwdcAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 02:24 PM
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I was able to find a way to do it without collapsible sections, but your answer helped me find that solution. Basically, I used conditions similar to what you described and got it working. Thanks again!