- dkunzer70Answered on December 15, 2017 at 03:42 PM
Thanks, I am looking forward to your reply!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 15, 2017 at 03:44 PM
I have been testing your form, but I can see it works as expected. I have been testing on a Samsung Galaxy 7 emulator and here is the result.
Is the issue happening with an specific field only or does it happen with all the fields?
Please let us know, we will check on the field settings in order to find what may be causing the problem.
Looking forward to your response.
- dkunzer70Answered on December 15, 2017 at 03:52 PM
Usually the area code is fine, It is when you get past the area code on a Samsung 5 or 7, that the digits fill backwards.
I did notice that if you place the cursor over each masked number placeholder and type it fills, but not just by inputting numbers.
I tried many different ways to mask, ie.
( # # # ) # # # - # # # #
Anyhow, you have the idea
- dkunzer70Answered on December 15, 2017 at 03:53 PM
There is something with the Samsung that gets crazy from placeholders.
If I give the Samsung a number box with no masking, it fills sequentially just fine.
- dkunzer70Answered on December 15, 2017 at 03:56 PM
Predictive Text ....
In this article ....
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 15, 2017 at 04:27 PM
Thank you for the additional details.
I have been testing this and I was able to replicate the issue you're mentioning now.
This is what I could see when I tested on a Samsung device:
When I tested the form using a Google Nexus device I could see this:
I will forward this to our second level so our developers can have a look on this, we will keep you updated via this thread.
- dkunzer70Answered on December 15, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Precisely, you nailed it.
Thank you, I will wait for the solution.
Just a heads up, the mask I would like to use for aesthetics is ......
( # # # ) # # # - # # # #
Thanks again Kevin!
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on December 15, 2017 at 04:52 PM
Sure! I have added that to the notes for our dev team to review.
We'll let you know via this thread once we have update / more information from our dev team.
- Dan KunzerAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 01:15 PM
Have you had any luck with a solution for this phone number issue?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have any updates regarding on this issue. We'll contact you again on this thread once we have any updates.
- dkunzer70Answered on December 19, 2017 at 02:37 PM
Anything new regarding this issue, is this being addressed?
Thanks - Dan
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on December 19, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Sorry, but there's no update yet from our development team. You will be notified via this thread once a fix or an update is available.
Once again, so sorry for the trouble. We are hoping for your patience and kind understanding towards this in the meantime.
- dkunzer70Answered on December 19, 2017 at 03:46 PM
Thank you, just checking in!