- starclinchAsked on December 18, 2017 at 02:19 PM
I've embedded my JotForm in https://booking.starclinch.com/ but the form is taking more than 14 seconds to load. I've checked on google page speed and it has rated my page speed as very poor.
Please resolve this issue as I'm buying 1 year subscription tomorrow and need to resolve it before making the purchase.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 18, 2017 at 03:13 PM
The issue could be related to the embed method, as your form's direct link loads faster: https://form.jotform.me/73453968699480
Please try to embedding your form using the Iframe code: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
- starclinchAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 12:32 PM
Thanks for your suggestion but it didn't work for me. Can you suggest something that I can implement in my JotForm so that it loads faster?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 12:37 PM
I have forwarded this to our development team, to see if there is something that can be done to improve the loading time. You will be notified via this thread if there is any update.
- JotForm DevelopercemAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Did the 'Smart Embed' feature was on when you tried the page speed testing? It may be related to that feature as it tries to process your website to match the form design (It is a one time only process which should take at max 5-10 secs).
That aside, after investigating your page load time, I saw that the background image and couple files related to the widgets are the things that slow down your website load time at the moment. You can see the load times at rightmost corner.
I will be also investigating this issue and return you as soon as possible.
- starclinchAnswered on December 21, 2017 at 07:38 AM
As suggested by you, I've turned on the "Smart Embed" feature in my JotForm but the results are the same.
There's absolutely no change in the loading time of the form, which is not understandable as it is just a form and should load as fast as lightning.
Please resolve the issue at the earliest. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on December 21, 2017 at 09:33 AM
I will inform our developer that the issue is not resolved even when you turned on the "Smart Embed" feature.
We will inform you via this thread once this issue is resolved.
- starclinchAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 05:54 AM
Please update as Christmas is around the corner and I don't want to be left hanging.
- Ardian_LAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 07:22 AM
I made a test in my device and in my case the form was opened in 6.8 seconds. I would suggest to compress the images used in the form as they take the longer to download.
You will be notified by our developers as soon as possible. Thank you!
- starclinchAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 09:04 AM
Yes, but even loading time of 6.8 seconds is huge. It should not take more than 2-3 seconds for a form to load.
I request your development team to optimize the performance of my JotForm
- starclinchAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 01:06 PM
I'm hoping for a solution/revert from your development team
- Ardian_LAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 01:24 PM
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, our developers are still looking for a solution. I have sent them a reminder and you will be notified soon.
Hoping in your understanding. Thank you!
- starclinchAnswered on December 29, 2017 at 06:07 AM
It has been a week since I've been waiting for a reply from your developers. Please understand that I'm upgrading to Silver plan and I need the issue to be fixed before I pay.
Kindly get it fixed before 31st December as it is the last day to avail 50% discount and I don't want to miss the offer.
- starclinchAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 08:21 AM
I see no resolution from your developers? Please state the reason for non-responsiveness. I've upgraded to Silver plan but I need you to fix the issue.
- Ardian_LAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 08:52 AM
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, our developers are still looking for a solution to reduce the loading time. Looks like this is requiring more time to analyze the widgets and the elements. You will be notified soon on this thread. Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm DevelopercemAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Sorry for the late answer but we are still working on this issue. The reason it takes too long is that changes in widgets will be effecting our whole system. Therefore, we need to be sure that the modifications we are going to do will solve and not cause any further problem.
I will be updating this thread as soon as we have solved the issue.
- starclinchAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 11:52 AM
Okay, I'll be patiently waiting for an update. If you can give me a tentative timeline, it will be great so that I can communicate the same to my team.
- starclinchAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 01:47 PM
It has been more than a month since I've been trying to get a resolution from your developers. I've been reassured time and again that the issue will be resolved but now, I don't see any ray of hope.
Please have the audacity to decline my request but give me an answer. This is the least I can expect being a Silver Plan user.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 02:20 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are still working on this, but as mentioned before, there is no estimated time-frame for a resolution.
- starclinchAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 01:15 PM
Please update the status if any progress has been made from your developer's end.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 02:33 PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
The ticket is flagged as important and our developers are working on this, they will update you via this thread.
Thank you for your patience.
- starclinchAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 04:04 AM
Can you please update me if any progress has been made in respect to the loading time issue with my JotForm?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 05:12 AM
Unfortunately, this issue is still not resolved. I will check with our developers to see if there is an update. If there is we will inform you via this thread.
- starclinchAnswered on February 12, 2018 at 12:47 PM
It has been 2 months since I raised the concern, either this is not important or it can't be fixed. at-least close the forum if nothing is moving
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM
We are sorry for the delay.
Your ticket has been flagged important by our second level, unfortunately the issue is still not resolved.
We will let you know via this thread as soon as we receive any updates.
Thank you for your understanding.
- starclinchAnswered on March 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM
Please update me if it can be fixed at-all or not?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 12, 2018 at 02:09 PM
I will check with our developer if there is any update and this can be fixed.
- JotForm DevelopercemAnswered on March 13, 2018 at 04:00 AM
There is a an ongoing improvement on widgets by other developers; but I cannot give an estimated time of arrival for this project at the moment.
In the mean time, I would suggest you to switch using form fields instead of widgets. For example, for sliders, you can replace them with emoji slider and change the input type under fields tab. That is also true for phone field. It will defiantly improve the load performance of the form.