- starclinchAsked on December 18, 2017 at 02:19 PM
I've embedded my JotForm in https://booking.starclinch.com/ but the form is taking more than 14 seconds to load. I've checked on google page speed and it has rated my page speed as very poor.
Please resolve this issue as I'm buying 1 year subscription tomorrow and need to resolve it before making the purchase.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 18, 2017 at 03:13 PM
The issue could be related to the embed method, as your form's direct link loads faster: https://form.jotform.me/73453968699480
Please try to embedding your form using the Iframe code: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
- starclinchAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 12:32 PM
Thanks for your suggestion but it didn't work for me. Can you suggest something that I can implement in my JotForm so that it loads faster?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 12:37 PM
I have forwarded this to our development team, to see if there is something that can be done to improve the loading time. You will be notified via this thread if there is any update.
- JotForm DevelopercemAnswered on December 20, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Did the 'Smart Embed' feature was on when you tried the page speed testing? It may be related to that feature as it tries to process your website to match the form design (It is a one time only process which should take at max 5-10 secs).
That aside, after investigating your page load time, I saw that the background image and couple files related to the widgets are the things that slow down your website load time at the moment. You can see the load times at rightmost corner.
I will be also investigating this issue and return you as soon as possible.
- starclinchAnswered on December 21, 2017 at 07:38 AM
As suggested by you, I've turned on the "Smart Embed" feature in my JotForm but the results are the same.
There's absolutely no change in the loading time of the form, which is not understandable as it is just a form and should load as fast as lightning.
Please resolve the issue at the earliest. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on December 21, 2017 at 09:33 AM
I will inform our developer that the issue is not resolved even when you turned on the "Smart Embed" feature.
We will inform you via this thread once this issue is resolved.
- starclinchAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 05:54 AM
Please update as Christmas is around the corner and I don't want to be left hanging.
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 07:22 AM
I made a test in my device and in my case the form was opened in 6.8 seconds. I would suggest to compress the images used in the form as they take the longer to download.
You will be notified by our developers as soon as possible. Thank you!
- starclinchAnswered on December 22, 2017 at 09:04 AM
Yes, but even loading time of 6.8 seconds is huge. It should not take more than 2-3 seconds for a form to load.
I request your development team to optimize the performance of my JotForm
- starclinchAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 01:06 PM
I'm hoping for a solution/revert from your development team
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 01:24 PM
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, our developers are still looking for a solution. I have sent them a reminder and you will be notified soon.
Hoping in your understanding. Thank you!
- starclinchAnswered on December 29, 2017 at 06:07 AM
It has been a week since I've been waiting for a reply from your developers. Please understand that I'm upgrading to Silver plan and I need the issue to be fixed before I pay.
Kindly get it fixed before 31st December as it is the last day to avail 50% discount and I don't want to miss the offer.
- starclinchAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 08:21 AM
I see no resolution from your developers? Please state the reason for non-responsiveness. I've upgraded to Silver plan but I need you to fix the issue.
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 08:52 AM
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, our developers are still looking for a solution to reduce the loading time. Looks like this is requiring more time to analyze the widgets and the elements. You will be notified soon on this thread. Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm DevelopercemAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Sorry for the late answer but we are still working on this issue. The reason it takes too long is that changes in widgets will be effecting our whole system. Therefore, we need to be sure that the modifications we are going to do will solve and not cause any further problem.
I will be updating this thread as soon as we have solved the issue.
- starclinchAnswered on January 02, 2018 at 11:52 AM
Okay, I'll be patiently waiting for an update. If you can give me a tentative timeline, it will be great so that I can communicate the same to my team.