- guest_22690326793056Asked on September 26, 2012 at 02:22 AMWe're wondering if it is possible to create a word limit count for a jotform form which, for example asks the user to write a description using less than 250 words. Is it possible to limit the word count in the form at the time of entering information into the free-form field?We need this function in our form and would like to know if JotForm can do this before we sign up.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 02:35 AM
Yes, it is possible to limit the characters/words the user can input. You need to set it up on each field.
For Text box:
1. Click the text box field and look/click for "Gear" icon
2. Click "Properties" and window will appear,
3. Look for "Max Size" and click edit and enter your preferred character limit.
4. Close Settings
For Text Area:
1. Click the Text Area field
2. Click "Properties"
3. On above menus, click "Entry Limit" and set your limit either Letters or Words
4. Click "OK" and your done.
Hope this helps. Please let us know for any query.