- granaraAsked on September 26, 2012 at 02:11 PM
When someone fills out a form, is there a way for them to get an email instant email response ?
- AtacanCAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 02:13 PM
Yes, it's possible with JotForm. After a user hits the submit button, they will receive an autorespond. Please take a look at the URL below for more information.
If you need clarifications, feel free to contact us. We'll be more than happy to assist you further.
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 02:55 PM
I have done this, but it does not seem to work.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:05 PM
I could not find a form containing an autoresponder under your account.
Are you sure you have followed the instructions on the guide thoroughly? Did you click the Finish button after you have configured the new autoresponder?
Can you please try doing it again?
Afterwards, click Setup & Embed > Email Alerts. It should display an entry that is slightly different from a notification.
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:20 PM
I'm sorry for the confusion, I logged off that account and am now using Zapro. Can you please take a look at what I may be doing wrong ? Very much appriciated.
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:21 PM
The Form Boston Web Designs is the one in question
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:31 PM
Your form's autoresponder works fine on my end.
Here is the result: http://screencast.com/t/tPOhXxKfY
Have you tried checking your email's SPAM folder for the missing autoresponders?
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:42 PM
When I fill out the form embeded on the website I don't get any response using a test user account. http://zapromedia.com/contact.html
I have looked in the Spam foler...no results. ;(
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 03:53 PM
I found the email email@example.com on our bounce list because apparently, ComCast has rejected the email for an unknown reason.
I have since removed that email from the bounce list. Can you please try again?
If it still does not work, try changing the Sender address from firstname.lastname@example.org to your own email.
If it still does not help, try using a different test email when you submit the form.
Keep us posted on your results so we can conduct further investigation, if needed.
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:00 PM
I did retry with email@example.com and it worked this time. Does this mean folks with comcast emails will have the same issue ? I also tried with another email from a private domain and it worked fine.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:06 PM
Comcast is a little stricter when it comes to email spam issues, although I can't really tell for sure what caused the said autoresponder to be rejected.
But like I said, only that particular email ended up in our bounce list. You may try using a different comcast account (just don't overdo it i.e, submit multiple times in a short period of time) and see if the problem recurs.
My advice would be to monitor your autoresponder activity, then report to us if you encounter any other problems.
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:08 PM
I did use firstname.lastname@example.org too, and never got a response. Just an FYI
Thanks for all your help.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:17 PM
That email isn't in our bounce list. Can you please check your spam folder?
- granaraAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Well, as soon as I thought I had success, it seems to have stopped work. I will try a couple things and get back to you shortly.
- PackageSamplesShopAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 08:40 AM
Mine isn't working either :-(
it is: Package Samples Shop - Customer Uploads Im trying to set a notification (which works!) and an auto-respone (which doesn't work) ... oddd!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 08:43 AM
For a better and more efficient support experience, may I ask you to open a new thread for your issue?