- sonofwattAsked on September 28, 2012 at 02:49 AM
On both of the forms on my account, I have submit and print buttons at the bottom of the page, along with some text. For some reason when I embed the forms in a LightBox that last line is missing. With a popup or iFrame they appear as expected.
Any idea what the issue is?
I don't have the forms embeded anywhere yet.
- moonzkieAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 03:00 AM
Can you give us the link to the page that is having problems with displaying the form? It would be easier to give a more accurate solution if there is a way to view and inspect your page.
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 03:23 AM
Even when I go to the embed wizard and preview the LightBox, the buttons don't show.
- moonzkieAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 05:16 AM
The form seems fine when viewed directly on it's JotForm link. Please provide us with the specific link of your site where you embeded the form.
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Like I said above, I do not have it embeded on a site yet.
If you use the link above, then press Embed Form and select LightBox, you will see what I'm talking about.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I was able to see your Submit button and Print Form button, please check your direct link: https://www.jotform.com/21990779587172
See also below image:
Please check your form fields thoroughly or try to clear your browsers cache.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 01:23 PM
After further testing my collegue just messaged me with a solution to your problem.
It seems your buttons fall after what looks to be a page break.
I simply moved the submit and HTML(containing instructions to obtain the records) fields above the HTML field with the line in it.
When testing, the show up just fine.
Let us know if that helped!
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 04:44 PM
Hey Eduardo, thanks for digging deeper! That did the trick!!
Ok, so weird thing. Is there an issue with the Embed Wizard in chrome? I just removed the page break entirely. Yet it still shows the html page break and does not show the buttons.
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 04:55 PM
It works in IE, showing the change where I removed the HTML page break. But in Chrome on a system that's never viewed the page before the page break is still showing and the buttons are missing.
Edit: Just installed Firefox on that new system. It's still showing the form with the page break and the buttons are missing. This is when using the embed form wizard and previewing with LightBox. If you test with a popup or iframe it shows the update form perfectly.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 05:03 PM
That problem is already escalated to our Development Team.
As a workaround you can either use an iFrame version of your form or simply expand the last form element.
Thank you for cooperation.
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 05:17 PM
I'd really like to have it shrunken. Is there a workaround? Maybe a hidden field or a hidden html field or something?
Edit: It's worse now. After the area for Child 3 the form just stops...
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 05:23 PM
This is possible to add some full size field to the end of your form in order to solve the problem. For example, you can add a Free Text (HTML) field without any text in it.
Please give it a try, and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- sonofwattAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 06:35 PM
I tried a hidden box but it didn't work. The empty HTML field works great.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 06:36 PM
You are quite welcome! Hope that our Developers will be able to fix the problem quickly.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.