- concentricAsked on September 28, 2012 at 01:04 PM
I'm getting the following error message every time someone uploads a file through one of my forms. This has never been an issue in the past, and the odd thing is that even those forms (that are still banked in my JotForm records) with uploaded files that I was able to open previously - are also not viewable and have same error message!
Please Help! This is the message that pops up:This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.InternalErrorWe encountered an internal error. Please try again.B9751DF27F598BBAG7xO9lURzjZAyFcYQMdpeBIUZR6k3d7KuzUzbtK5VkU6T+qC6OUoGeRA8C9WWjjM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 01:56 PM
May I ask which form/s you're having problems with?
I was able to download the files from your last viewed form named "Therapy - Concentric Healthcare Application" without problems.
Can you please try again and let us know if the issue persists?
- concentricAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Now it works for some reason. I dont know what you did but you fixed it. None of my co-workers were able to view the attachments but now we all can.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 28, 2012 at 02:04 PM
We were actually having problems with uploads yesterday. It has since been fixed, according to our development team.
If ever you do encounter this issue again, please do not hesitate to contact us quickly.
- gmateoAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 12:25 PMThis XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>55845EC75C99EE24</RequestId><HostId>EizvoXIPpt3bsorF/gyCIogpY5SlBud2Ycu6OM7+UErURCeULoUteIoCRpkO/OPm</HostId></Error>I am getting this error too, what sould I do?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Please check your thread on this link: