- TUUCAuctionAsked on September 29, 2012 at 02:42 PM
OK, I Clicked on My Forms, went to the page, but I don't see anything that says "Download as Excel" or really anything else.
Just my form selected at top and list on left.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Export Form Data to Excel
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 29, 2012 at 02:58 PM
To summarize the entire process on how to download your form as excel file.
1. Go to "My Forms"
2. Click on the Form name you want to export submissions to Excel from (See image below tagged with # 1")3. Click on "Submission" (See image below tagged with # 2)4. After clicking "Submissions" button you will go to a new window which is the submissions page, on submissions page, scroll down below and find "Download as" with options as "Excel" and "Csv" see this link for image: http://pbrd.co/StxPlAHope this helps and please let us know for questions or concerns.Thanks
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 29, 2012 at 03:18 PM
Hello, TUUCAuction. In addition to Rodjit's response, you can find the 'Download as Excel' on the lower left part of the Submissions page. Here's a screenshot where you can find it: (Please open the image on a new window or download the image for a better (larger) view.
- TUUCAuctionAnswered on September 29, 2012 at 03:33 PM
That was quick! I have it now.
Which brings up another question: A couple of us will be monitoring the returns from this form. I have it set up (thanks to you) to create and append the results to an XL file on my D: drive. When folks at random go to our page and enter their inormation on the form, when thay click on Submit, will the information from their form, which is emailed to me and two others, also somehow find its way into the XL file on my D: drive? Even if Joe Bloe fills out his form at 1 AM when I am snoozing and my computer is off?
Or will Jotform know to do that when I receive an email with the form results?
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on September 29, 2012 at 06:00 PM
It sounds like you may have used one of our Integration Methods such as Google Drive and Google Docs, if not please refer to these guides:
http://www.jotform.com/blog/57-Google-Docs-Integration-Send-Responses-to-Google-Spreadsheets-Instantly (google spreadsheet = similar to excel [.xls])
http://www.jotform.com/blog/62-Send-Your-Form-Uploads-to-Google-Drive (you can access google docs through this as it is associated with it and other things)
Normally unless you download the XLS file yourself and open it in Excel it will not be updated, you will have the submissions listed that you downloaded at that time. With this type of file you will pretty much have to log into your account doing it this way and download it again and you will now notice that the XLS file has been updated with newer submissions if any and it will also include older ones to be listed in Excel unless you have previously deleted them.
You can alternatively avoid the constant having to log into your account and download the Excel File by using the Google Docs Integration as mentioned above which will send responses (form submissions) into a google spreadsheet that was setup and associated with the form. This spreadsheet type although similar is updated constantly around the clock when a submission is recieved from a form that was linked to it. But also, this is kept online but there is also a sharing option as well so that if more than one person wants to monitor it, you/they can.
However, either way, the submissions recieved depending on how many customers/users are filling out your forms and actually then submitting them it will compile it via our servers on a perpetual timeframe whether you are online or offline so long as you have an active form with us.
- lasercorpAnswered on October 05, 2012 at 06:15 PM
Is it possible to export the data into google drive as a CSV file, as my database will not link to a google spread sheet
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 05, 2012 at 07:33 PM
We do not have such an option. However, you may create a CSV report, and then use the report link to upload your CSV file to the Google Drive.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.