- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 02:37 PM
Please try to change your form URL to your embeded codes from http://form to http://www
This is your embed codes;
It should be looks like this;
Hope this helps.
- 59denisechapmanAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 02:43 PM
Thank-you! That works! I only used the script that was provided in the embed section. I'll try to remember it's not right for future forms.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 02:45 PM
In behalf of my colleague, you are welcome, we're glad to be of help, if you have questions feel free to contact us.
Thanks for using JotForm!
- guest_22776154520048Answered on October 04, 2012 at 03:14 PM
Ok, though that now shows on the form... it's not coming through on the form submission...
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Can you please give us your form URL so we can check what was the issue causing you not to received your form submissions?
- guest_22776154520048Answered on October 04, 2012 at 03:19 PM
Ok, I just looked at the submission form in notifications and for some reason it didn't have that item after comments..
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 03:22 PM
Can you please give us your form URL so we can check it? Thanks
- ptcwolfeAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 05:18 PM
I am having the same issue. The www does not help. I cannot see the changes I made on line with JotForm.
- pinoytechAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 05:21 PM
May I know if what embedding method you are using now? If you are not using the iFrame method, can you please try to re-embed your form code into your website using iFrame?
- ptcwolfeAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 05:24 PMI tried that, it does not work. The iframe looks the same. No changes.
Jane E. Wolfe
PTC Instruments / PTC Metrology
2301 Federal Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310.478.1134 x 213
Cage Code 96739
PTC MetrologyT Accredited by A2LA (cert no. 1896.01)17025 and ANSI/NCSL
Z540-1 for NIST Traceable Certifications
- pinoytechAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 05:28 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused. Changing your forms notification Sender Email address to email@example.com might solve the issue. Please follow the steps bellow:
1. While on your form, click "Setup & Embed" tab then click Email Alerts
2. Click Notification, then click on Reply-To and Recipient Settings
3. Change Sender Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Reply Email to E-mail
Also, try adding email@example.com to trusted sender list and also to whitelist our JotMail's IP Addresses to avoid rejection of emails: https://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
- pinoytechAnswered on October 04, 2012 at 05:29 PM
Would mind if we ask your website url where your form embedded for us to investigate the said issue?