- movzAsked on January 26, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Have a first & last name field, can I have that info pre-populated into the Squareup payment form?
- JotForm SupportSabbirAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 01:11 PM
You can pre populate the first and last name of the Squareup Payment form.
For example, based on the screenshot below, I passed the first name by getting it using the inspect element of web console(you have to remove the first portion of "_").
You need to find out your firstname and lastname control name using the web console ans pass the value with the url.
If you have any further query, please let us know.
- movzAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 01:52 PM
Thanks Sabbir, not quite sure if I understand pls resend the link and I'll take a look - it doesn't work.
- JotForm SupportSabbirAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 01:54 PM
Check this form with the pre populated name for Squareup.
- movzAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 05:09 PM
Ah, think I got the terminology wrong, I'm sorry.
What I meant was; Is it possible to have the form auto paste the first & last name fields into the Squareup first & last name payment fields?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 06:39 PM
Unfortunately, that it is not possible to pass the value from the first and last name fields, into the first and last name fields of the payment integration. It is only possible to populate those fields through URL parameters as shown on my colleagues example.
- movzAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 08:02 PM
Are we absolutely sure about this?
I've seen this before at other payment gates.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 10:54 PM
Yes. Unfortunately, there is no method to populate the name field on Squareup coming from the name field other than the URL parameter method.
I suspect that the one you saw was a simple name and address fields which is possible to copy fields from one to another, which are not part of the payment field. In any case, feel free to share with us some links which you believe this method applies.
- movzAnswered on January 27, 2018 at 06:56 AM
Ok, thank you I might remember wrong of course but will keep an eye out for it.