- walkingtreetravelAsked on October 08, 2012 at 06:24 PM
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:39 PM
If you are refering to adjusting the sizing of the row and columns within the google doc's integration you can surely do that without problems. You won't lose any of your data.
- walkingtreetravelAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:45 PM
Thanks for the fast response. I was more asking about actually moving the column placement from one column (for example, column b) to another column (for example, column f). Would like to reorganize it but don't want to throw off the form.
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 07:09 PM
No problem, please see this thread that was provided by a colleague of mine as this may help clarify some of your questions about some of what you can do in google docs found here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/97679-Can-we-customize-this-at-all-Google-Docs-Integration-
I hope this helps but if not let us know so that we can assist you further.
- walkingtreetravelAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 07:23 PM
That's what I thought, but for some reason my forms are not working properly and this was the first step to trying to figure out why. I just posted the following few questions as well:
Thanks for all of this great info in the last feed. I have a few more issues that have come up while testing out the forms on my website. Here they are, as well as the page I am referencing:
1. Once someone enters a form once, it does not seem to let them enter another form. I have checked in my account, and have "no check" listed under preferences about blocking multiple submissions from the same IP address. Is there something else I should be looking at here? I also notice that on the first page of my form on the website, anytime it just has a next button on this page, it seems to work fine, but anytime it doesn't work a back button seems to be there on the first page as well. Strange? Help?!
2. I can enter a few submissions through jotform that successfully integrate and populate the google form, which is great. Then, once I add a submission manually to the integrated google form, or try to insert my own NEW columns into the jotform (not changing the header titles of the integrated fields at all), it seems to not allow any new submissions from jotform to that form. Do you have a solution for this? Very important for my biz that this works.
3. When I want to erase a submission from the google form that has been submitted through jotform, if I delete that row directly in the google form, will it create problems the next time someone submits through jotform in terms of what row it shows up in/if it shows up at all? Do I need to delete submissions directly in jotform? Just trying to think of anything that would cause the above form not to work...
Thanks for your help with this- people are trying to apply this week, so I will be waiting on pins and needles for an answer on how to fix these issues.
Walking Tree Travel
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 07:35 PM
Your question has been answered on this thread!