- bmanfieldAsked on February 05, 2018 at 08:20 PM
I have configured a rule to copy the 'Full Name' field to another 'Full Name' field (Parent/Guardian) when a the player division field equals 'Senior'. The Parent/Guardian full name field is hidden. It does not populate.
Is there a way to populate the Parent/Guardian field? Does it need to be unhidden?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 12:36 AM
I checked your form but there is no calculate/update condition for the name field. You should create another condition other than the show/hide which purpose is to copy the field's values from Name to Parent field. Here is an example of such condition:
If you have questions or if you need assistance, please let us know.
- bmanfieldAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 06:50 PM
Thanks for your feedback.
I have tested this further. It appears that the value of a hidden field cannot be updated. If the destination field is not hidden it will populate correctly. Could you please advise if this can be changed to allow values to be populated into hidden fields using conditional rules?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 11:27 PM
That would depend on the setting of your form on Clear Hidden Field Values.
To explain the details of this setting:
1. Don't clear - This means that the fields whether by action of show/hide, or completely hidden, will have the filled information upon submission.
2. Clear on Submit - This will clear all hidden fields after from being shown to being hidden by condition. This will allow the submission of a hidden field with content.
3. Clear on Being hidden - completely, all hidden fields will be emptied upon submission.
So, if your field has visibility changes by condition and you do not want it to be emptied, I suggest you choose Don't Clear. But if you have fields that do not show at all, Clear on Submit is fine (This is the default setting on the form).
Feel free to let us know if you have questions.