- guest_22834086821051Asked on October 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I am logged in and can see/edit my forms. However, all of my comments in the forum are showing as guest. My user name is "davidgoebelstate"
- pinoytechAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 01:03 PM
Maybe because you are in a different domain while posting your comments instead of using domain www.jotform.us. You should login/access your account using the said domain of your account.
- guest_22834086821051Answered on October 10, 2012 at 01:05 PM
I haven't had that issue in the past, but I will give it a try.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 01:06 PM
Testing after logging in at .us based domain.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 01:08 PM
Well, that worked so thanks. However, that seems like a bug that needs to be fixed and/or you need to specify one of your domains as primary and then redirect all traffic from the other.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 01:25 PM
This a real problem actually as many posts have links to other posts which have a .com based address. Unless I pay close attention to this detail and manually change the .com to .us in the URL before I post a response, my post will end up as a guest. So I would definitely submit this as a bug as accounts should not be tied to a domain.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 01:47 PM
Actually, it's even worse. Even though I start out with a .us domain, as soon as I go into any thread all of the navigation at the top is using .com based pages. So without even knowing I end up clicking on those links and am put back into the .com domain and end up with a guest comment.
Take a look at this screenshot...
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 10, 2012 at 03:03 PM
Thanks for pointing that out!
I have submitted a ticket for our dev team to take a look at.
Thanks for all the deatils!
- guest_22836151006041Answered on October 10, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Even the automated email that is sent to me uses a .com domain. So if the .us domain does in fact cause some kind of issue with accounts, they really need to drop it entirely or put an auto redirect to .com
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Thankfully I have found a workaround in the meantime... login to both domains within the same browser session. However, this issue should be resolved in a more permanent fashion on your end.
- pinoytechAnswered on October 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Good to hear that you've found workaround on it. If you need our assistance again, feel free to contact us at anytime.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Will do, but please add this issue to your bug/fix list.