- MobiAsked on February 08, 2018 at 08:40 AM
I want to create a form with "Upload from Google Drive" feature wherein the user will attach a google spreadsheet / google presentation / google doc from his or her own drive. I know that this feature already exists
in native google form and when the user submits the form, a copy of the google document uploaded by the user in the form gets created in the Google Drive of the google form owner. However, what is missing is that if the original file had comments then these comments are not copied to the file created in the google form owner's drive.
Is this feature available here?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Integrate Form with Google Spreadsheet
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 10:59 AM
Let me test this for you. I'll keep you posted.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 11:13 AM
We do not have a native file upload that allows you to upload files from Google Drive. We have Uploadcare and Kloudness developed by third-party developers, but I don't think files uploaded on these widgets gets forwarded to Google Drive.
I tried with Kloudness, and I have downloaded the files. The comments are there. Here's an example of a presentation file:
Considering that the above works, I'm sure they'll also appear on Google Drive assuming that it is possible.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- MobiAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 05:41 AMThe brief of the requirement have been given below.- Currently native Google Form has the option wherein user can attach native google spreadsheet from his google drive before submitting the form.- When the user submits such form then copy of the spreadsheet (which was attached by the user in the form) gets created in the Google Drive of Form owner.- However, the comments in the original spreadsheet does not get copied to the spreadsheet copy auto-created in the Google Drive of Form owner.Please note: By Comments, I mean the comments as entered in Google Spreadsheet and not in MS Excel.Requirement:- When the user submits the form by attaching the google spreadsheet then the comments in the original google spreadsheet (attached by the user in the form) should also get copied in the copy of the file which is created in the Form Owner's googe drive.Please note that this option is already available when we are copying the spreadsheet manually. Please refer the screenshot below. However, this option needs to be automated as per the requirement given above.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 10:00 AM
I completely understand your requirements from the beginning and my apologies for not emphasizing that the screenshots I gave are just a demo to show you that the comments are copied. Since MS Office copied those, I presumed Google Drive can also do that.
These files are uploaded from my Google Drive account. Here's a screenshot of the files:
Unfortunately, Kloudness and Uploadcare, the only widgets that allow you to upload files from your Google Drive folder, cannot send the files to your Google Drive account. You can add these widgets in your form, but it will only give you a link to download.
A possible workaround would be to ask your clients to download the files from Google Drive and upload it to the form using our basic file upload field. This field can send the file to your Google Drive account. Let me try it, I'll keep you posted.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 10:07 AM
Yes, the workaround works. The comments get copied to Google Drive.
You can check the files here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bZx7083JpdyqwnCQEHd3vhz0hMyOGcOh?usp=sharing
Here's the demo form if you would like to test: https://www.jotform.com/80494074127962.
Again, the files need to be downloaded from client's Google Drive account and upload it in the form to send it to your Google Drive account.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 10:09 AM
My apologies, the correct folder link is this https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bZx7083JpdyqwnCQEHd3vhz0hMyOGcOh?usp=sharing.