- themarketingappAsked on February 13, 2018 at 04:24 AM
Hi, we have ben creating this form :
However, on android devices the drop down option are showing an additional option at the top,
no text alongside the option, but a free space with option (see attached screenshots)
It is working fine and not showing this on apple devices.
Could you advise?
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 06:57 AM
I've tried this on 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Android's native browser) but I'm unable to reproduce the options that appear in your screenshot. Can you please provide us the following information so we can further test?
1. Exact device model?
2. Android OS version?
3. Browser type (ex. Chrome, Firefox etc..)?
4. Browser version?
Looking forward for your response.
- themarketingappAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 08:21 AM
Hi, thanks for your response. Answers...
1. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
2. latest software update :
3. Samsung internet browser?
4. Browser version 6.2.01.12
Does that help?
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 10:59 AM
I checked your form and I have replicated the issue.
But it seems this is not a bug because when you view the card form normally, it has this blank option above.
However,I will still forward this issue to our second level so they can check it out.
We will contact you via this thread once updates are available.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 11:19 AM
In addition,the blank option is an empty option that can be seen in all other form layouts. May I suggest toggling the Show Text in Empty Option to "ON" and adding a Text .
Now, the Empty option has a text in it.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 11:22 AM
We have an update from our developers, and it seems it is not a bug,since the user can unselect the current value and continue if the field is not required.
Please follow my example above if you want to show the text in the empty option.