- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:50 PM
As per what I understand with Input Table Field, the red highlights displayed when one field is selected is a guidance indicating the fields that need to be filled. Meaning it will just display to the users that they have not finished filling all fields in the Input Table field.
You will notice that the red highlights disappear immediately all fields have been selected in the Input Table Field indicating all required fields have been filled.
You will notice that if you set the field as required and try submitting without filling the Input Table field the you will still get the error message that the field needs to be filled.
- mgalkovskyAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 04:14 PM
Actually, the validation is not working as you described.
1. Red Color does not disappear after all rows are checked.
2. Warning on the bottom does not disappear after all rows are checked.
Both are counter intuitive, in my opinion.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 05:47 PM
The behavior shown on your gif animation is the default behavior. The validation happens on field focus rather than when leaving the field.
I strongly agree with your comment about the "every row is required" validation error. This should indeed disappear right after completing all rows.
So, I put this up as a feature request to see if improvements can be done. We can't give you any timeframe but we'll keep you apprised on this same thread when there's an update. Thanks for your input!
- mgalkovskyAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 06:43 PMJim,
Do you not think that in addition to the warning "every row is required" red title should also disappear after the user filled in every row?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 08:10 PM
Agreed - The field label should go from red to its previous color as soon as the requirement has been met (all rows filled out). I'll add this to my escalation notes, thanks for pointing that out.