- StudioBeAsked on October 16, 2012 at 02:31 PM
See screen shot. Any ideas why this is not retuning text in the "statment of incident" field and then squishing the custom text I added? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 02:50 PM
To fix inconsistencies between email alerts and your actual form, you will have to delete your old notification and create a new one.
1. Click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification
2. In the Compose Email screen, click Delete Email
3. After deleting, click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Add New Email
4. Choose Notification, click Next then finish the Email Alert Wizard
A new, untouched email alert will always display fields as it is displayed on the form.
Note that if you apply changes to the email alert, it will be tagged as "dirty" by the Email Wizard and will no longer be updated (to protect the changes you made).
That means whenever you make changes to the form such as adding, deleting, rearranging, and renaming fields, those changes will not reflect on the email alert automatically. You will have to manually update the email template.
My advice to you would be to finish your form's layout first before customizing the notification template.