- StudioBeAsked on October 16, 2012 at 03:44 PM
I did exactly what you said and its the same. I finished the form and then deleted the current notification and started over. Still not formatted correctly in the email. Please advise how to fix!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 04:00 PM
The layout is distorted because you have entered an extremely long text on your text area (statement of incident) field. There is no way for email clients to wrap or cut it off because that is one contiguous text.
Please try entering text or a paragraph that a user would normally type on that field.
- StudioBeAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 04:04 PM
That makes sense... However, it doesnt explaine why its squishing the added text at the top and bottom?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 04:18 PM
An Email Alert's template is divided into two columns. The added text at the top and bottom are inserted on the first column, that's why it gets squished as well.
Of course there would be no way to squish them further (to fit the first column) because the font used is larger than the rest of the email body.
- StudioBeAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 04:44 PM
No the columns were merged as per your advice. It looks like the cell width needed to be changed. However now the lines that border the form on the right and bottom are gone. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 16, 2012 at 04:54 PM
I don't quite get what you mean by the lines that border the form on the right and bottom. Can you please post a screenshot here?