- sstte18Asked on February 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM
Hi. how do I make it so that the maximum charge / family is $54. So, the total for the # of parents, # of kids does not exceed $54. # of grandparents is IN ADDITION to whatever the total is.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 23, 2018 at 11:15 AM
I just cloned your form, and I do not see any other calculation than "Your credit card total". Do you want to make the max charge $54 regards less of the # of parents and kids they enter?
- sstte18Answered on February 23, 2018 at 11:24 AM
there is a calculation for your check total as well. yes, the max is $54 regardless of # of parents/kids. the total goes over $54 if there are 2 parents and 3 kids. HOWEVER, if they enter additional adults (i.e. grandparents), then the total CAN go over $54.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 23, 2018 at 12:05 PM
Please try this then:
1) Hide the "Your Credit Card Total" and "Your Check Total": https://www.jotform.com/help/434-How-to-Hide-Form-Fields
Note: you don't need the "Your check tota".
2) Then you can remove the "# of other Adults (including grandparents) @$18pp" field from their calculation:
3) Add a new Form Calculation widget to perform the "Grandparents" calculation separately: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
4) And add a new Form Calculation widget to obtain the "New total", to obtain the "Parents-kids total"
5) Create two conditions:
1- To input the value from the hidden "Your Credit Card Total" into this "New total" field(which I labeled as "parents kids total"), if "Your Credit Card Total" is less than $55. Example:
2- To input $54 into the "New total" if "Your Credit Card Total" is greater than $54. Example:
6) Now add the last Form Calculation widget, which you can label as "Final total" or similar, to add up the "Parent Kids Total" + "Grandparents Total".
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80534105226952
You can clone it if you want to: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
- sstte18Answered on February 23, 2018 at 12:25 PM
thank you for this. I am unable to clone the form. it says I do not have permission. Can you enable that. I would prefer to work with the form as you have it though you deleted some of my show/hide conditions which I think I can add back on my own once you allow me to clone. thx!
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on February 23, 2018 at 01:12 PM
Can you please try to clone this one?
I have an option "Allow other users to clone forms" enabled, so it should work now.
Let us know if you need more help.
- sstte18Answered on February 23, 2018 at 01:32 PM
it worked. i'll be in touch if I have more questions. thx!
- sstte18Answered on February 23, 2018 at 05:09 PM
this is still not working. Here is a link to the new form...I need TWO options - credit and check. You had deleted the check option in your cloned form. I tried adding it back and when I select pay by check - and 2 parents, 2 kids, I am getting 2 for my Family check total. It should be $54. If I have 2 parents, 1 kid, total should be $46. What did I do wrong?
Then with the credit card option, it's not calculating the 3%
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 23, 2018 at 06:20 PM
It should be fixed now.
Some fields in your calculation formula are in text format (A-Z), this can't be used in the calculation since it outputs the value as a text string. It should be 0-9 which means for calculation.
- sstte18Answered on February 23, 2018 at 07:03 PM
it works. I'm just wondering how that field got converted to A-Z when it's a numeric field and I just auto populated by selecting it from the dropdown??
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 23, 2018 at 09:55 PM
Any fields can be converted into A-Z despite the field type.
You might have inadvertently switch the states when you add the field.