- thetatauAsked on February 24, 2018 at 05:07 PM
There seems to be a usability issue on the Square integration. Or I have completely configured the item in the form wrong...
When a payment is processed and sent to Square
- the "Paid by:" field is listed as "Unknown Name",
- the item description is listed as First Name (email)
- there is an item note that is First Name (email)
Ideally, these would be:
- the "Paid by:" field should be First Name
- the item description should be the item description entered in the form for the item or this could be the title of the form. I'm assuming it is currently that way because you could have multiple items in an order. But I need a single item, not hundreds for each person, so the form name would work as well.
- the note could be a list of items in the order. This would help when there are multiple items in an order.
It looks like you are currently using the Transaction API from Square, what I want is for this to be implemented:
I imagine that implementing the Orders API is not quick and if not many people are using this functionality will never be approved to work on.
So if that is not possible, in the meantime, can you please update the following:$referenceIfo = array(); $referenceIfo['reference_id'] = 'Confirmation #12345'; // Make this the Name of the form
// Make this start with buyer name/email then the the items ordered $referenceIfo['note'] = 'A note about this transaction';
Thank you for your help,
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 24, 2018 at 10:41 PM
As far as I know, the Square transaction should take the information from the fields on the payment field:
The only customized data on the payment integration is the customer email field. May you please share us the form where you experienced this issue?
We will be happy to check this further.
- thetatauAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 11:21 AM
@Kevin_G thank you for your quick response! The actual form itself doesn't matter. You are correct that those are the fields that are included in the actual payment section, and I will certainly share it with you if you tell me how.
This is something to escalate and/or discuss with your development team.
Thank you again,
PS formatting got messed up above:
$referenceIfo = array();
$referenceIfo['reference_id'] = 'Confirmation #12345'; // Make this the Name of the form
// Make this start with buyer name/email then the the items ordered
$referenceIfo['note'] = 'A note about this transaction';
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 01:28 PM
Regarding the "Paid By: Unknown Name", we can forward a ticket to our developers. Although, I am not sure if this is something that can be fixed or not. The transaction might need to contain a Sqaure customer_id to display the customer's name.
I think that we forward a submission id to the reference_id. Are you able to see the reference id somewhere in the Square?
Unfortunately, I am unable to check the transaction details in a sandbox mode. Is there an item description field that you would like to adjust?
- thetatauAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 02:07 PM
According to the documentation: https://docs.connect.squareup.com/payments/transactions/setup#step-3-build-a-transaction-request-and-call-charge
The buyer information should also be sent in the array in addition to the above information.
The image I linked above is literally all of the information I have in Square. You can imagine how frustrating it would be to try and keep track of multiple transactions from different forms through Jotform in Square with only that information.
Currently the only work around I can think of is to create a separate location in Square for every form I have so I can keep orders from Jotform separate, but this is not ideal and would not be necessary if any of the suggestions I have made would be implemented in Jotform.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 03:15 PM
I have attached a ticket to this thread and forwarded it to our developers.
We will let you know if we have any updates.
- omurAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 11:27 PM
Thank you for the explanation in incredible detail, I really do appreciate it!
The reference ID is being filled with the submission ID, this will give you an idea on which payment belongs to which form, the note field on the other hand gets the details with customer information & etc. Sadly the note field can only take strings that are up to 30 characters long (despite the API documentation saying it can take 60) so it leaves almost no room for us to play with.
I've assigned this ticket to our developer who made the integration and he'll work on it and update you on the situation.
Thank you very much