- bmanfieldAsked on February 27, 2018 at 09:14 PM
I started to receive a few duplicate submissions rather than users editing their form. I have now enabled the setting to require a unique value for a field. I have just received another submission with the same value in the field. Could you please advise why?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 02:54 AM
I checked the recent submissions in your form but I don't see duplicates.
Can you provide the submission IDs with duplicate submissions?
May we also know if your form is embedded on your website? If yes, re-embed it using iframe embed code, this might help if there are issues.
- bmanfieldAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 03:43 AMHi,
Please check MyNetball ID 3932414
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused to you.
I have just checked your form and I can see it triggers properly the validation:
I used the same value you provided "3932414", may be that the user sent the first submission before you enabled the limit on your form.
May you please test the same on your end and let us know if you can send duplicated values?
Please let us know how it goes.
- bmanfieldAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 06:20 PM
Thanks for responding promptly.
Would the setting not affect any records created before the Unique Question was applied?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 07:59 PM
No, I have tested this and the feature will only validate submissions after it was enabled. For example, it may be that you had already a value with 123 on the submissions when you decided to turn on the feature, then someone else submits 123, the submission will go through, but if someone tries to submit 123 again the validation will be triggered.
- bmanfieldAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 08:43 PMThanks Kevin for the clarification.