- Samm WhiteAsked on October 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I have a form here: http://thecrosssaves.org/hallowbaloo/
It works fine in both Chrome and Firefox, but appears blank in Internet Explorer. I get the error:
Message: Access is denied.
Why is access denied to my form in IE?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 01:00 PM
In which version of IE and on which operating system (OS) are you experiencing this problem. I haven't been able to replicate it on my end.
- RhinoFormsAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 01:44 PM
Windows XP and IE8
- RhinoFormsAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 02:51 PM
Lightbox, iframe, and embed all did not work. I did get it working with a popup. Would still like to know how this might be fixed for future reference. Popups are the worst and can be blocked rather easily.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Thank you for provided information.
The problem may be related to SSL certificate, script conflict or some other reason.
Can you please create a test page with lightbox/iframe on your website that we can check? Then, we will try to proceed with the further investigation.
- RhnioFormsAnswered on October 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
The test page is here: http://thecrosssaves.org/testingpage/ (uses lightbox). Works fine in Firefox an Chrome, but does not work in IE8 or IE9.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replace your current DOC TYPE to this, this might help fixed the lightbox positions issue on IE browsers.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
If that doesn't help, try to reset your IE8 browser settings this might also help.
- bijuthottaAnswered on January 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I have the same issue of forms not showing in IE or Chrome after installing SSL certificate. from the answers above, i guess its a common problem. what can i do to rectify it? your help is greately appreciated.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 21, 2013 at 01:14 PM
Have you followed what my colleague idarktech suggested above about the doc type declaration? That might help, if not please let us know. Also, please share with us the URL of the page where the form is embedded so we can check.
- bijuthottaAnswered on January 21, 2013 at 01:18 PM
thank you for the quick reply. much appreciated. i solved the issue using the iframe code. thanks again.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 21, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Glad to hear you've managed to sort this out.
If you have any JotForm related questions, just let us know here.