- michelle106Asked on March 06, 2018 at 08:35 AM
When we upload a response from Jotform onto our database, it has started to upload all the other responses on Jotform, not just the new ones. We are getting multiple responses from the same candidates every time.
John Smith will complete his form, we will upload on the database on the 1/1/2018
Then another 5,6 or 7 form submissions come in and every time we upload it, John Smiths will go on to our database... so we get lots of his forms on our system.
Is there something we can do to rectify this, so the responses will just go on the once?
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 09:48 AM
Would you kindly elaborate further on which platform you are using to upload the data. Also kindly confirm you are referring to form ID "50505740841854".
This would help us further understand what the issue is and how we can be able to assist you.
Thank you awaiting your response.
- SafronAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 09:55 AM
I'm not sure of the form number, where will I find it? It's the form called 'References and Compliance' the top form.
We are uploading it via a CSV through our CRM database
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 10:59 AM
Thank for the additional information. based on the additional information you have shared I think I know why you are experiencing the challenge.
1. I have checked your submission and filtered any submissions with name "Smith" and i was able to get only for submissions and two of the four seem to be from same user but done on different dates. Hence my assumption this may not be the issue since same user can submit to the same form since they may need to share/inquire about different items.
2. the issue in my opinion my be the way you are exporting the submissions data from your form to a CSV/excel file. It seems you are not filtering the dates from the last time you exported the data. If for instance you exported your submissions on date 10/03/2018 the next time you want to export submission you should filter from date 10/03/2018 to the date you are collecting the submission.
Below is an illustration on how to filter and export submissions within a specific time-frame.
The reason this may be an issue in your case is because the software you are exporting the data to is not doing filtering hence any submission data form an excel/csv file is the added to the system database and this includes replication of submissions that are in the CSV that were imported earlier.