- themarketingappAsked on March 09, 2018 at 12:31 PM
Hi, I have been creating this form :
Hidden fields are shown to users based on their answers to questions, the form works fine. Yes/No shows the user a different hidden field for each question.
However, the submission that is received (and set to email to the user as a pdf) shows the user all the hidden fields (i.e., it shows the 'yes' hidden field text, as well as the 'no' hidden field text to the user on the submission, irrespective of what has been shown to them on the form.
Ideally I would like the submission to show the user just the hidden fields that they have been shown throughout the form.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 09, 2018 at 01:12 PM
The text tool is a static element, it does not respond to conditions in the PDF submission because it does not ask a value, unlike the input fields. Meaning, even if the texts are hidden on the form, it would be visible in the PDF.
The solution is to use Long Text Entry (Textarea) field for your text elements. Just add the text as the default value, then use the field in your show/hide condition.
Make sure to disable the Markdown editor in order for the default value to work.
Here's a visual guide:
1. Add Long Text Entry
2. Disable Markdown editor in the Long Text Entry settings under General tab
3. Add the text as default value and make it read-only.
4. Edit your conditions and use the Textarea field in replace to the static text element.
If you need further assistance, let us know.
- themarketingappAnswered on March 09, 2018 at 01:36 PM
Thats working great, thanks.