- owenwegmanAsked on March 15, 2018 at 02:53 PM
I have multiple large forms with many conditions. I would like to somehow link the reports so that if one user fills out all forms, it combines all of that user's data into one 'profile' or row in a table. I tried combining the forms using the Form Manager, but it doesn't combine the conditions. I tried the Combine Submissions tool but it has no way of telling that the data from multiple forms need to be organized under one user.
For example, a user fills out three forms: Personal, Educational, and Occupational. I would like to combine that data so that under each user it shows the data from Personal, Educational, and Occupational forms. It needs to be updatable on a website instead of a local csv file.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 15, 2018 at 04:31 PM
I have two possibilities in my mind:
1) Sending data from all forms to SQL database, you can follow this: https://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
Then from there you could combine multiple table's data into one (union in SQL) and show it elsewhere, you would have to have SQL and PHP knowledge to do so.
2) Integrate your forms with Google Spreadsheet: https://www.jotform.com/help/228-How-to-Integrate-Form-with-Google-Spreadsheet
And then combine data from different sheets into one: https://blog.sheetgo.com/how-to-solve-with-sheetgo/import-range/
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- owenwegmanAnswered on March 15, 2018 at 07:47 PM
I tried the 2nd option but it didn't work correctly - I somehow need to link the forms so that it knows if the same person completed both. I think I'm better off working with the idea of combining the forms in the first place but they are so long and have multiple conditions. It will be a nightmare trying to organize and reassign all the conditions. Is there any alternative way I could combine 3 forms AND all their conditions? That would be the best outcome.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 01:14 AM
It seems like you already tested the Combine Submission app and you do not like it. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any workaround to combine the 3 forms with all their conditions. You try the Field Manager app but it won't copy the conditions, custom CSS code added to the forms, and email settings.
Let us know if you need further assistance.