- JonAsked on March 15, 2018 at 09:12 PM
Why is my account suspended?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 03:56 AM
- JonAnswered on March 18, 2018 at 11:03 PM
When I look up "phishing" it says in a collecting sensitive information in a deceptive way. First of all the page that I had it on was not an active page for the site, it was a test page, but we are in no way being deceptive.
Under "collecting sensitive info" it says that we can collect social security numbers so I'm a little wondering why I was suspended??
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 19, 2018 at 02:40 AM
That is true, but you have to prove that you are eligible to collect such information, we recognize that there are businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes, here are some:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
- Real estate purchases
- Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
Nevertheless, you must know that since we do store the information in your account, anyone with access to it would also have access to social security numbers. So, in the event of a security breach of your account, this could be an issue.
Does your company fall under any of those categories?
- JonAnswered on March 19, 2018 at 05:59 PM
I am the internet marketing manager for 2 lending agencies and your company seems to have the best security that I have found for webforms. What would we need to show you that gives proof that we need to collect SS#?
Thank you for your time!
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on March 19, 2018 at 08:27 PM
We allow users to add SSN# to their form(s), but we need users to comply with 2 things.
2. Add a Signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
Let us know once you have added those requirements and let us know the form so we can whitelist it.
Looking forward for your response.
- JonAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 03:22 PM
Can I get my account unsuspended so I can make those changes and not have to start all over?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 03:34 PM
I re-activated your account temporarily, please comply with the above so you will avoid possible suspensions.
- magneticmatterAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 04:54 PM