- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 01:46 PM
I have checked your form (https://form.jotform.com/80557319147158).
I did not encounter any problems with uploading the image to your form:
Could you please ask people who encounter the problem that which device and browser are they using for this form, too?
Which kind of problems are they having?
Is there an error in the browser's console? This guide can help you about how to get a console report from your browser.
If we can replicate the problem, we can open a bug for that.
- Miriam85044Answered on March 20, 2018 at 07:43 PMI had at least 5 people – almost every user – complaining about similar issues. 3 people gave me further detail….see below.
I am really upset that this is occurring. You tell me that this form is working fine. Clearly – it is NOT. I pay good money for your software and expect it to work much better and more reliably than free form services that are out there. And right now, that’s not the case.
Please advise what is going on here!!!!
I've tried about 15 times to get the images to upload, and it doesn't work. I'm using a Mac. Using Google Chrome. On each screen, the images say they are uploaded successfully, but at the end it throws an error and takes me back to the images.
* My problem occurred after filling out all 45 or so of the fields, right after I clicked on the “I’m not a robot." I was reviewing the submission form - maybe editing a description field. Everything was lost - gone. I could not go back to any part of the form. I had to re-start the process the next day from the beginning, and that time it was fine. (But I was scared of going backwards!!!!!)
* I was using my new MacBook Pro, High Sierra, 10.13.3 / Safari.
* I was using Microsoft Edge on a PC and Chrome.
* My problem was trying to upload the headshot. When I used the browse function to look at my files and choose the file to upload it showed the file uploaded but when I went to submit the application it showed an error stating that no headshot was uploaded. When I went back to that step the file showed that it was there but it wouldn’t upload. Tried making the image smaller deleting the file and reuploading but still got the same error. Finally tried dragging and dropping and then it worked.
* Just as an aside every time the application submission didn’t go through it would delete the location from the location field on the address step. So I would have to go back and refill out the address page.
* Once I knew to drag and drop the second part of the application where I uploaded images of my art went very smoothly!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 20, 2018 at 10:27 PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I have tried submitting your JotForm on two different environments (Linux and MacOS) and was not able to replicate the issue at my end. The two submissions were submitted normally and displayed the thank you page without any issue.
Is the form embedded on any of your web pages and experiencing the issue from the web page? If so, please provide us with the web page URL where the form is embedded so that we can take a look and try to replicate the issue to assist you further. Also, were you able to replicate the issue at your end? If so, a screenshot of the error message could help us in investigating the issue.
- Miriam85044Answered on March 23, 2018 at 02:43 PMThis is the form that I am referring to. https://form.jotform.com/80537343147153
It is located on this page: http://www.az-artisanscollective.com/ggrfp.html
This is at least the second time I’ve sent this information with the links. No – I have not replicated the issue. But I am really unhappy to hear that there is no idea at all what might be causing the issue with multiple users… I am VERY frustrated. I’d really prefer to speak to someone rather than have this drawn out email exchange that is getting us nowhere.
This is clearly an issue and it is impacting my business. I need some help getting this resolved!!
Please advise ASAP. Thank you,
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 23, 2018 at 03:51 PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, we cannot replicate the issue at our end.
We understand your frustration, I have read the information given by your customers and tried to follow their steps but still, I was not able to replicate the issue.
Can you please let us know, what error/s are thrown when your customers uploaded the file?
- Miriam85044Answered on March 27, 2018 at 04:43 PMThis CONTINUES to happen (see email below) with multiple forms. There is ZERO error message. I am running a business. And currently I feel that without further resolution on this I may need to cancel my subscription and find another, more reliable forms solution. I have asked to speak with someone to get this resolved as there has been no progress. You have a major issue with your forms and NOBODY there is doing anything concrete to resolve it. I am incredibly frustrated and previously was a very happy customer. Not good!!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 06:14 PM
Probably the issue is related to the upload size limit, or the allowed file types:
I would recommend you to increase the upload size limit: https://www.jotform.com/help/33-Changing-the-File-Upload-Size-Limit
Clearing your forms cache: https://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
Please update us if the issue with the file upload field. Just to let you know, I have also forwarded this case to our developer, so they can check and try to reproduce the issue with the File Upload field.
- JotForm DeveloperburakAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 11:43 AM
This problem should have been fixed due to our recent developments. Are your users still experiencing this misbehavior?