- isoisoAsked on October 29, 2012 at 05:22 AM
Is it possible to create a MINIMUM file size for upload? We use this to gather data from client for print and it's vital that we stop them uploading files that are too small..
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 05:48 AM
We are sorry but it is NOT possible. You can only set Maximum File Size in Jotform. No Minimum Limits.
Thank you very much.
- isoisoAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 05:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 06:03 AM
I will try to forward this to our developers. But I'm not sure if this is something they might want to consider in future.
Thank you very much.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 08:58 AM
I have forwarded your request to our dev team. Unfortunately, due to the fact that they are extremely busy, we can not give you an ETA on this feature. We will contact you as soon as there are any updates on this.
Meanwhile, you can use the following suggestion to make your users aware of the quality issues of uploading a small file.
Let us know if this helps!
- isoisoAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 09:13 AMThat's a good idea, hopefully that will help in the short term.
Thanks for your help,
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 09:21 AM
Let us know if we can be of further assistance!
- stretchandstapleAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 04:57 PM
We are also a print shop and have the same issue we notify our customers on the form that 1.2 is the minimum file size, but it doesn't stop them, is this something that can be developed please.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Hi, there is no update yet on any ETA for this feature request ticket.
But our developers will post update on this thread as soon as they have new update about this.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 04:44 PM
Any update on this? We have been waiting on this feature for a long time, it would really save us a lot of headaches.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Unfortunately, no updates yet. If there's any, we'll surely let you know.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 06:15 PM
I don't feel like this is that difficult of a think to do, why can't we just get it done?
- CesarAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 06:24 PM
At this time the request is still pending, this is due to the workload of feature requests the Development Team already has roadmapped. Once the Development Team has evaluated this request we will have an update.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 06:54 PM
Okay, well this was originally requested a year ago, so if there is anyway to expedite the process I would appreciate it. Thanks.
- CesarAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 07:01 PM
Thank you for your input, this thread will be updated once there is any news inregards to this request.
If you do need further assistance in regards to any other issue, kindly create a new thread.
- CesarAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 07:11 PM
I would suggest in any case for you to create a new thread to request this feature. So that individual requests are weighed in when the request is evaluated.
Thank you again.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 07:17 PM
Good idea. I just did
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 29, 2014 at 09:16 PM
I understand that this is an old feature request already. But to update you on this, we've now managed to implement setting a minimum file size upload on file upload elements. You can modify the settings on this by clicking properties on the file upload field, when editing your form.
Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.