- ChrisLinxAsked on October 29, 2012 at 06:21 AM
Although the existing method of validating an email address goes some way to ensuring the user enters a correctly-formatted address, there is still room for user error.
1. It's common practice to have two email fields, which must match to allow the user to progress, thus highlighting a typo. Is there a recommended procedure for this please?
2. Is there a way to ping (or similar) an email address, or it's domain, to help reduce errors?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 06:56 AM
Hello Chris. Unfortunately there is no feature that you're looking for where the form can ping a server or get a response from a HELO test.
There is however a feature to confirm that the email address is correct by enabling the confirm email option. This will add an extra field where the email address will compare and validate with the 1st email field. You can enable it by clicking properties on the field (the gear icon) and then click on the value for Confirmation
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- ChrisLinxAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 05:26 PM
Terrific - that's what I was looking for.