- BrettAsked on March 29, 2018 at 05:00 PM
I am wanting to create an online scholarship application. Does Jotform provide an option for a student to save the form and come back at a later time to complete and submit?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 08:04 PM
Yes, users can save the form and complete it later, please register a free account first before building your form.
Then, please note the following:
1) We have currently two form's layouts, Classic and Card Forms:
Card Forms example:
2) If you create a form in the Classic layout, you have two options to save forms and continue later:
a) Saving users data in their browsers local storage, so they will need to get back to the same browser to finish the form: https://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-on-Forms
b) Saving users data through a session URL you need to create, which allows the user to continue the form from any browser, here is the complete workaround: https://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-and-Continue-Later
3) If you create the form in the Card Forms layout, the saving methods are simpler:
-So, the Autofill method is the one that saves data in user's browser local storage.
-The Save & Continue Later is the improved workaround that generates the session URL automatically, and sends it to user's email address, example:
Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions.