- TheTableAsked on April 05, 2018 at 01:58 AM
Suddenly the auto-reply emails are not sent to the one filling ourt the form. When I check closer, it used to say that the receiver of the email should be "email17" but now that has been automatically changes to "E-mail". I tried to rename the field on my form from "email17" to "E-mail", but this does not work. How do I get this to work now, and why was it changed in the first place without notice?
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 05:12 AM
I realized that I have misunderstood your problem in my previous answer. So, I have updated it.
I checked and cloned your form. Also, I have deleted the notification e-mail in my clone form to prevent the confusion. You can see my test with my clone form as seen in the below:
In the email templates, unique names of fields are shown. Since you used email17 in your email template, you can free to change the e-mail field's unique name to email17.
So; after solving the conflicts, you will be able to see e-mail field on your auto responses.
Also, I can see the 'E-mail' text as Recipient Email on your autoresponder. Mostly, field names are sown in that dropdown.
I hope it helps. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
- TheTableAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 05:43 AMSorry, I cannot see the gif file it seems. And I do not get your answer. I
changed the name of the field to "E-mail". Do I need to change that back?
And do you mean to suggest that where it now says "Recipient Email: E-mail"
I could change it back to email17?
- TheTableAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 05:43 AMSo, there are 2 places I try to fix this:
1. In the form I go to field properties and tried by changing the fields
unique name to E-mail (previously email17). This did not work but I
currently still have that setting ("E-mail" as unique name).
2. Under recipient email it used to say "email17". Now it doesn't for some
reason and I cannot change it back.
So what do I have to do to make this work?? Test button works just fine,
but if I fill the form out "live" there is no email sent to the submitter's
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 07:30 AM
I can say that even if you do not change in your form now, your submitters are able to receive the autoresponder e-mails since your recipient e-mail is set as E-mail field.
For example, I submitted my clone form without changing anything, I got this autoresponder e-mail:
Email field is seen as blank because unique names are not matched.
As a result, you just need to change the unique name of your field from E-mail to 'email17' as seen below:
So, you will receive the autoresponder e-mail like this:
By the way; to be able to view this thread on the browser, you can use this link.
I hope it helps.
- TheTableAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 11:43 PMIn that case it is something else wrong - since I have tested 2 different
email addresses and none of them get the auto-response email. This has
happened suddenly. Your clone may work, but my original does not. What to
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 08:07 AM
Hello again Peter,
I see you set SMTP for your form e-mails. It seems we can not connect to your host and there are not any problems on our side. Please try to connect with a different port.
If you have any other problems, feel free to contact us anytime.