- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM
I have checked your form, and the issue continues:
I will report this issue to our back-end team. You will be updated via this thread when the issue gets fixed.
- mreadeAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 03:56 AM
Please can I have an update on this? I need this form urgently.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 11:11 AM
I am glad to inform you that I was able to fix the issue on your form.
Please check and try loading your form on the builder page (Edit Form). If the issue persists, do not hesitate to let us know.
- mreadeAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 01:03 PM
Hi thank you so much for getting this fixed. But what went wrong? This could have been a real disaster if I had started asking people to start completing this form.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 02:42 PM
I just found out that the Form Separators widget was set as the email recipient of the email autoresponder in your form which probably created a conflict and caused the issue. Nevertheless, we are glad that the issue of your form is fixed. And if you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- mreadeAnswered on April 15, 2018 at 04:17 PM
Mike, thanks. I must have done that by accident.
- mreadeAnswered on April 20, 2018 at 10:21 AM
I can't edit the form. This is the same problem as before,
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 20, 2018 at 10:32 AM
I have tested it, and confirmed that the issue is back:
You will be updated once this gets fixed.
- mreadeAnswered on April 20, 2018 at 10:36 AM
Thanks but this is really alarming as the form is already in use. This sitaution is simply unacceptable. Please advise me what I need to do. Will people still be able to submit when the form is like this?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on April 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience.
I have checked your form from the builder page and I see that the issue is no longer happening.
I have a hunch that the issue you are experiencing is caused by the email autoresponder in the form.
Oddly, there are XML codes in the content of the email autoresponder when you check its source code.
I would recommend that you delete the existing email autoresponder in your form and add a new one.
If, in any case, you still encounter the same issue after doing that, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 22, 2018 at 12:22 AM
Your form will continue on working. It's just that you will not be able to edit it at least until we've fixed the issue.
I am the engineer to whom your ticket was assigned, and as our colleague has mentioned, the problem is caused by the xml codes in your custom thank you page.
Did you copy your thank you text directly from another application, such as MS Word perhaps?
- mreadeAnswered on April 23, 2018 at 04:22 AM
I have just tried to make the changes you suggested but the problem is back and I can no longer edit the form.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 23, 2018 at 06:23 AM
We are currently working on it.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 23, 2018 at 10:42 PM
We have removed the autoresponder email that is causing this bug on the form builder.
Please kindly re-add the autoresponder, but this time DO NOT copy directly from Microsoft Word. Save the document as html first by doing Save as type > webpage, filtered.
Hope this helps.
- mreadeAnswered on April 24, 2018 at 01:47 PM
Thank you. I copied my signature sign-off from Outlook and this must have caused the problem. I have deleted and replaced all the automated emails and the Thank You screen so hopefully this will be OK now.
I think Jotform should include some guidance about this in the relevant part of the form builder so other people don't make this mistake.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 24, 2018 at 02:12 PM
Glad to know that it is working now. And we appreciate your feedback. Open a new thread if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.