- glegrowisAsked on February 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM
I want to create a form where when someone goes to my website they can chose to send an email to a friend. I want their email to automatically fill in the subject as well as a graphic in the body which would be linked to a web page.
Is this possible with your program and if so how would I set it up?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM
It is possible to use the form as a mailer for your website.
1. Go to My Forms and use a blank form.
2. Add the two e-mail fields, and a message field.
Let's put these as examples:
- My email
- Friend email
- Message text
3. Click Setup & Share tab just on top of the form you're working on
4. On top of it, you will see tools such as Email Alerts, Thank You, Embed Form, etc. Click on Email Alerts and a drop down will show up.
5. Click Add New Email, a pop-up window will show up
6. Click Auto Responder Email, click the Next button, A mail envelop will show up with editable fields
7. On Sender Name:, enter the name you wish to show as sender
8. On Sender E-mail:, enter the email address you'd like to use like your customer service email address from your website.
9. On the lower right part of the envelope, click the Recipient E-mail field and a drop down will show up, click the drop down menu and select the option that corresponds to the "Friend Email" field.
10. Click the Next button
You will see next the page where you can edit the subject line and body of the email to be sent. On the right part of the page, there is a menu named Form Fields with an arrow pointing to the field that is going to be edited. The Form Fields are the fields connected to the form you're creating.
11. Click on the Subject line text field, select the "My email" under the Form Fields on the right.
12. Click on the text area with fields and modify it the way you like, add images and modify the text to the way you see fit.
13. Click the Finish button
Please note that we're not tolerating spamming. I would also suggest that you add a captcha in the form that you will create so to keep your page away from other spam bots. You can add a captcha tool in the form when you click on Power Tools at the left side of the form you're creating,
Hope this helps.
- glegrowisAnswered on February 23, 2011 at 09:49 AMI want the sender to be able to send the friend to a specific web page where they will be able to view a short teaching video from our church.I am faced with two problems.1. When I put the code in a HTML BOT in iWeb it always picks up the address of the bot page and not the real page.2. I know when I send an email normally I can link either text or graphic to a specific page and the recipient can click on that link in their email and their browzer will open up the linked page. I am not sure how to do that in a tellafriend code.Your instructions did not allow the sender of the email to be the name it was sent from nor did his/her email appear. I do not want the email to come from the web site I want it to come from a friend to a friend.I also want to have a graphic embedded in the email when they receive it that will be linked to a particular web site.GordonGordon
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM
1. Can you explain in detail what the HTML bot is for?
2. In editing your form, you may edit your auto responder email by highlighting the image / text, then clicking the chain-looking image tool above the text editor area, on the top part, right side of the form. Or you can learn about HTML linking by learning HTML hyperlinking
It is not possible to use the person filling up the form to have as the sender's email address as for security purposes.