- call4angelAsked on November 16, 2012 at 09:00 AM
Each submiter get's a system generated code.
How do I restrict submissions to only 1 submission per code?
Thanks & Have a Great Day!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 09:31 AM
Please read this article "What-does-Unique-Submission-Mean" . This explains how to have a unique submitter on the form.
Then read this also"Add-Custom-Unique-IDs-to-your-Form-Submissions" . This explain how to generate a unique generated code.
Now, if you combine this 2 features together, I think it can achieve the idea you wanted on the form.
Please inform us if you require further assistance.
- call4angelAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Thanks here's what I'm trying to achieve.
1. Two forms will be created (Form 1 & Form 2).
2. 20 unique codes were also generated (not jotform's unique code).
3. Each submitter is given a code. So let's say we now have 20 submitters with the generated code.
4. 12 of the 20 submitters can use Form 1.
5. 8 of the 20 submitters can use Form 2.
6. 5 other submitters were not given a code but they want to take advantage of the discount, so they go ask for codes from submitters from the other 2 groups. These 5 submitters SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT.
Here's how I would like the form to work.
A. When a code is entered, the submitter gets redirected to either Form 1 or 2 (I think this can be done using conditions).
B. The code can only be used 1 time (this is the tricky part).
C. If any of the othe 5 try to use any of the already used code, they SHOULD NOT BE ABLE to complete the form (they should get an error message like: "'sorry the code you're trying to use has already been used".
How do I achieve the above using the tools you mentioned?
Thanks & Have a Great Day!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I admit your idea is quite complex. =) But we can always give it a shot.
For start, have you at least started a mock-up of this forms?
We can already have a good start if the form are settled and we only have to worry on the functionalities.
- call4angelAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
You guys are the best!!
Yes. 1 form has been created. The other form is similar - just needs a payment tool added to it. I can clone the 1st and have the 2nd done in no time. Would you like me to create the 2nd form now? Or can you give me tips on how you think it can work?
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
It would be best to have both forms finished and ready so that they are available to start adding in the functions that would do this that way we don't have to go back and add something or fix it which would mess it all up.