- luchtmeijerAsked on November 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Absolutely. Go to Setup & Embed > Email Alerts to change the destination email.
- luchtmeijerAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 01:23 PM
that's not the problem. Since a few weeks I have to change it every time if I use a duplicate form, this was never before. Sometimes I forget to check it and then I get my alerts at my private-email
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 02:24 PM
We do apologize for the confusions, or any. I know what you mean, that is how it works anew. You may need to follow this guide:
Change the Email Address of the recipient you want to receive an alerts.
- luchtmeijerAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 04:23 PM
It still doesn't resolve my problem.
Why do I need to change the e-mail-adress everytime I make a duplicate of an existing form? In the past it was never necessary, the recipient was also duplicated, but now it isn't. Can you change it back again? It is very frustrating when I have to check this every time I make a new form based on a duplicate.
I think it's a bug
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 05:30 PM
This is not a bug. Like what my colleague had mentioned, this is how it works now. We do this for security reasons as some users are grabbing other users emails by cloning a form and then they start sending spams. We have many reports about their emails and other private informations being spammed due to this. We are also doing this base on most users request about auto-changing of form recipients email address after a form is cloned. I hope you've understand. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 05:49 PM
I will place a ticket to our Developers to see if we can eliminate these changes for internal form clones (within one account).
We hope for your understanding in this matter.
If we get any updates on this, we will let you know.
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 06:34 PM
We've implemented your request. Cloning a form won't alter email or payment setup, if both users are the same. For your further concerns, please do not hesitate to reply this thread. Thank you.