- Rick TapleyAsked on February 27, 2011 at 03:53 PM
I have signed up with your site, built a form, then tried publishing the form on my site with Google. It will not function at all.
I tried using the source code, followed your sites instructions for adding a gadget on Google, nothing works.
After several attempts, I deleted my account with JotForm. It would be a good thing to use your forms for they are what I have been looking for, but when they do not work, what's the use?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 28, 2011 at 08:36 AM
It seems to work great when I just uploaded my test page now after reading your post. Have you followed the instructions properly? The gadget to upload on Google site should be in XML.
Here's my Google test site with JotForm integration: https://sites.google.com/site/liyamstestsite/
To embed JotForm in a Google site:
1. Edit your form and click "Source Code"
2. Click Advanced Options button
3. Click Website Builder on the left part of the pop-up page
4. It will slide up with options sliding down and select Google Sites
5. Follow the instructions and copy the code from that part, not the HTML source codeGoogle Sites Go to your site. Switch to Edit mode. Open "Insert Menu" Select "More..." at the bottom On the new page, select "Add gadget by URL" option at the left. Enter this URL as a gadget URL: Gadget settings will open. You should write your formID ( ) in order to add your form into your page. (note: put the real form id in the formID)
Form ID's can also be seen when you try to look into the form URL
The sample of a form URL is like this: http://www.jotform.com/form/10561834928
The numbers in bold is your Form ID
Hope this helps