- hopehouseAsked on December 06, 2012 at 03:44 PM
There is a drop down on our donation forms that allows the user to say where they would like their donation to go. We really need that information to be passed as the description in PayPal. Currently, when the user is pushed over to PayPal the description just says Donation Amount.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 06, 2012 at 04:15 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences you have been facing.
I have created a ticket about that problem and forwarded it to our Development Team.
We will get back to you as soon as we have any updates.
- hopehouseAnswered on January 11, 2013 at 09:27 AM
Do you know if the Development Team has been able to come up with a solution for this?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 11, 2013 at 09:50 AM
Apologize but we still don't have any update about this report. We will surely let you know if we have any. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks
- hopehouseAnswered on January 11, 2013 at 09:53 AM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
The donation text isn't just a simple text. It is a variable that is included in the codes sent to Paypal upon submission of the form.
You can change this from the Paypal module setup.
1. Edit your form
2. Click the Paypal Wizard button from the product field
3. Click Next in the Paypal Wizard screen to go to the relevant section
4. Change the text
As for your original issue:
There is a drop down on our donation forms that allows the user to say where they would like their donation to go. We really need that information to be passed as the description in PayPal.
The value of the drop down field you're referring to cannot be passed as the description text in Paypal. We do not have that kind of feature yet. You can look up that information on your form's submissions page instead. It can also be found on the notification email JotForm has sent to your address for a particular donation.
I believe the real problem here is that the default description and the amount of donation entered isn't being displayed in the Paypal transaction page. However, looking at your form's submissions, I can tell that the said problem does not affect how the form functions as you are able to receive donations just fine.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 17, 2013 at 03:39 PM
Donation amount and [static] donation text are now being forwarded to the Paypal transaction page. Please test your form and let me know if there are any other problems.